VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I did it- part II Kinda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBeen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: I did it- part II Kinda Reply with quote

First of all Mary, many congrats to you on your first gig. Always good to see a fellow beginner doing well.

My turn to brag now. In addition to volunteering for our local radio reading service, I am on the air on the local country music station on the weekends, plus I take an adult acting class. All good areas of exposure to help me improve my skills as a voice artist.

Last week in class our teacher suggested we audition for the newest play coming up in our local community theatre. She suggested that it would be a great learning experience. Auditions were Sunday and Monday nite. I couldn't make it Sun. because of the Super Bowl (research ya know "grin"). I wasn't going to attend on Monday but decided I has nothing to lose, and maybe I would learn something. Not having a solid acting background (high school, one play ) I was a bit nervous, but learned a heck of a lot. that very nite a got a callback for tuesday. I was thrilled just at that alone, had to call everyone I knew. On Tuesday I went back for my callback and managed to land myself a part iin the play. I am so thrilled, and just wanted to share.

The play is based on the novel and film titled "Laura", I have been cast in the role of Shelby Carpenter.

Always learning and growing

Bud
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, that is awesome news! You will have so much fun. I have a feeling your family is going to know a lot about Shelby Carpenter before the curtain goes up!

Never been a football fan but I watched this time too, for research purposes :wink: . Even the game was kind of exciting!

Keep up the great work and know there are plenty of people who will jump up & down with you to celebrate your successes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: