VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digi 002 Rack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Digi 002 Rack Reply with quote

I am looking into buying a Digi 002 Rack for my home studio. Anybody currently using it with a PC? I have read a couple of mixed reviews, but none from anybody in the VO biz.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan-o--

Have you checked in at the DUC?

Digidesign Users Conference.

Your pal,

Deirdre
Chuck Davis
M&M

Location: Where I love to be...Between the Vineyards and the Cows.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Digi 002 on PC Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I'm using an 002R at work right now. Works well. Very solid.

I 100% agree with Dierdres advise. Do check out the DUC at digidesign.com as there's a ton of useful advise there and I'll ad to it..

**MOST IMPORTANT** read the compatability documents for the 002 on PC. The wrong mobo chipset or the wrong firewire (IEEE1394) card will totally sour the system.

Digi's great...but finicky. Do it right though and it smokes on a PC!

Have fun!

Chuck D
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Big Thanks! Reply with quote

Checked out the site and it looks like my system is a go! Thank you for your help.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan-O,

If you plan on using a PC based non-ProTools editor (Audition, Soundforge) DigiDesign's new 002 drivers do not have full Microsoft WAV driver support, they support audio play back onlly. You can install previous versions of the WAV drivers if you require that functionality. On the other hand, if the product supports ASIO (Nuendo, Vegas, etc.) you're set.

On a side note, if you want an open system, do not need firewire connectivity and have a PCI slot, Lynx Studio. I'm using an 002R myself, had I known about the Lynx products at the time, I definitely would have gone that route.

Kevin[/url]
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the Digi 002 contol surface with Pro Tools 6.7 and I am very happy with it, although I probably would have been just fine with Digidesign's MBox. As has been said earlier it is *essential* that you read www.digidesign/compato before purchasing the rack or control surface. I had to make several changes to get it to work smoothly and I created a totally stripped down hardware profile (soundcard off, networking/wireless off etc.) to avoid any interferences. It is also important to turn off Anti Virus software you may have installed while using the equipment otherwise the data flow from your recording drive gets slowed down to the point that delivery of data cannot keep up with playback.

Best,

Bernard
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a 002-R, too. No problems, at all. Didn't check anything (not recommended, so don't try that in your house) and just landed in the right spot.

I upgraded from an M-Box. Having used both, the 002-R is well worth the effort. It presents a lot of flexibility for doing stuff. As an example, I've got an outboard Antares AMM-1, hardware microphone modeler that I've hung on my system, I/O for the AudioTX Communicator, etc. The extra ports on the 002-R solved a lot of issues I was having.

I also use the separate Command 8 control surface, by Digidesign. It has helped with workflow/editing.

CC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: