VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing Expo in NYC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Licensing Expo in NYC Reply with quote

One of our board members (she hasn't posted here in a while, but I think the old timers remember Amy Howard Wilson) posted this up on her LJ.

Frankly, for folks like me one of the biggie questions related to some of the conferences/workshops is whether or not people who would actually hire VO talent will be there. Networking is great amongst peers, but building your clientèle is what earns you the $ to go to those events. This particular expo is all about branding and licensing, in short... marketing.

It's geared more toward the folks trying to promote products, and the trends identified in various industry. My take is that we can use it to promote our own product... ourselves.

Most of us are constantly looking to expand our client list and looking for marketing and advertising groups to contact so as to let them know we're out there, right? Well a huge # of them are coming to NYC in June... seems like a great opportunity for a VO-BB get together, and a way to market ourselves to prospective clients.

Oh yeah... prereg for attendees is free.

http://www.licensingexpo.com

While I'm currently debating whether or not to go to ProMax or VOICE 2008 (or both), this is one that I will definitely be attending.

Rock on!

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call. I see 4kids entertainment is going to be there. I'll register before I forget.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my moments... few though they are Wink

Guess I have to get my stuff together regarding a graphic designer quicker than I planned.

*shrugs*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to throw out something re: this type of show. Keep in mind that the companies that go to this are doing so to sell their IPs to manufacturers. Typically they are in a dedicated licensing department, or with a brand management company, or a legal department.

While I'm not saying that good connections can't be made, put on your People Reading Hat when you go to a show like this...some people get very pissy about being solicited, even if it's just for other contacts, when they've paid to be there to sell THEIR stuff.

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's not a "We're looking for VO talent" expo, I would assume that to be a given.

Social Engineering folks... learn it, live it, love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: