VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voiceover Workshop in Denver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donrandall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Voiceover Workshop in Denver Reply with quote

I just got a note from Bettye Zoller - she finally got home from her latest road trip and has had a chance to firm up her plans for her Denver Workshps this summer.

Those of us who attended Bettye's Denver workshop last summer had a lot of fun while we learned a lot. I encourage anyone who is able, to make it a point to don't miss it!

More info here: http://www.voiceoverxtra.com/article.htm?id=s1sbman8
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Thanks for this information and link.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeffrey Kafer
Assistant Zookeeper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Moved to Events forum)
donrandall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bettye Zoller workshop for the Denver area is scheduled for August 3rd, 2008 from 1 P.M. - 5 P.M. at the Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library in Broomfield, Colorado.

Broomfield is a Denver suburb, about 12 miles north of Denver. Why Broomfield? Well, because it's real close and very convenient for me and I don't wanna drive all over the place and get lost looking for some place I ain't never been before. Pretty good reason, eh?

Topics to be discussed are The Business of Voiceovers and Audiobook Narration Techniques.

Anyone wanting to attend can sign up on Bettye's website, which is: www.voicesvoices.com

Directions from I-25:
From I25 take 120th Ave and head West approximately 4 miles to Lamar Street. Turn right (North) on Lamar. At second stop sign, turn Left into the Library parking lot. The Library is the two-story building across from the parking lot, next to the pond.

A satellite view map to the location is available at:
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.91441,-105.04878&spn=0.018038,0.047035&t=h&z=15

A conventional map is available at:
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.914378,-105.048823&spn=0.018038,0.047035&z=15
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory ThreadJack: Yer makin' me homesick, Randall. I was born and raised in Boulder and lived in Denver (near Sloans Lake) until 1996, when I moved here to New England. We're still plotting our escape back to the Rocky Mountain West.

Back on topic: that workshop sounds like a ton o' fun, and I even know where the location is! Now, I just need to figure out an excuse to get to Denver for August 3.
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, I just need to figure out an excuse to get to Denver for August 3.

Well hey, how about this: You are coming to Broomfield to see and old friend you have never met before? If you do get back here - lemme know and I'll buy ya a cuppa coffee.

Sloan's Lake is about as nice as it gets in any city anywhere in the country.

Boulder is a beautiful city. I worked at KBOL in Boulder for several years. Driving into Boulder is quite an experience on a slippery, icy, snowy day. Up, up, up the hill on Hwy 36 and then all of a sudden it's a long steep downhill into Boulder with Saabs and BMW's going too fast and spinning around and around and around until they come to rest upside down at the bottom of that long, steep, slippery hill. Great entertainment!
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Boulder is where I wouldn't mind moving back to. My DH's mother still lives there; some of my extended family is still there. But, the cost of living... whooo yeah.

You worked at KBOL? Was the Schaeffer family still in charge? My DH worked there in college, too many years ago...
steveanthony
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August in Denver? Getting out of the New England summer humidity is very tempting and a good excuse to get back to the mountains. I've lived in Colorado Springs in 1977 (KYSN) and in Denver (KTLK and Q103) on and off over the years. We moved to western Massachusetts from the Littleton area (Ken Caryl) in 2001. We still miss it, especially the dry climate and crystal clear blue sky.
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing threadjack:

Steve,

Yes, that clear dry Colorado air is exactly what we miss. And there's something about the quality of daylight in that clearer drier air that you just don't get here in MA. Right now we live 30 miles northwest of Boston in the delightful, semi-rural Groton-Pepperell-Littleton area, and while it's semi-rural, it ain't no Colorado.

We are in the position that we could sell and move back to CO at some point... I suspect it will be when we can't stand the a) humidity, b) long winters, and c) rising taxes.

But, back to the BZ event: if I thought I could get away for it, I'd do it. I'm trying to talk the DH into a quickie trip to the Rockies for a few days right around then. But, business and projects may make that difficult. Time will tell.
Bettye Zoller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: HI EVERYBODY From Bettye Zoller looking forward to my Denver Reply with quote

I enjoyed seeing your posts here and thank you to Don Randall for posting info here on my workshop in Denver the afternoon of August 3rd at the library in Bloomfield. I am sincerely looking forward to this, especially seeing my former students from last summer and friends! I was in Denver just about this same time summer of 2007 when I presented a workshop there for the conference of the Voice and Speech Trainers Assoc. This year, I'm in Denver to present this "open to the city" workshop and also as a workshop presenter for the conference of the Association of Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE). So, it's really nice to be going back! If interested in enrolling in my Denver August 3 workshop, in the afternoon hours, do so on my website www.voicesvoices.com in the online store or contact Don Randall at don@theradiohelper.com or my assistant Brian Fine at brian.fine@cox.net because they can answer questions you have too. And thank you for passing along this info. Oh, I also will be doing private one hour consultations while in Denver. Those will take place at my hotel, the Grand Hyatt in downtonwn Denver, by appointment and those will be on agreeable dates with enrollees between July 31 and August 4. Contact us for details but you can enroll on my website in the store. Look forward to meeting and teaching you!
donrandall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You worked at KBOL? Was the Schaeffer family still in charge? My DH worked there in college, too many years ago...

Yes, that is exactly right.

Russ and Anne Shaeffer were the owners and Rusty Shaeffer was the G.M.

Great people to work for, good solid people all around. A lot of very good and very talented people went through that place.
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne and I sang in the church choir together for some years; she was old enough to be my mom. I think they and my folks knew each other socially and from church. I lost track of them all after we moved to Denver.
donrandall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we get closer to the August 3rd Bettye Zoller workshop for Denver, I have been getting more and more inquiries, so for anyone interested in being a part of the get together, NOW would be a good time to contact Bettye and reserve a spot for yourself.

I can tell ya that from past experience with Bettye, you will get your money's worth - and have a good time too! Besides, we need someone to bring a couple of gallons of ice cream and the next one who signs up wins the opportunity to provide... Okay, okay... just kidding.

The Bettye Zoller workshop for the Denver area is scheduled for August 3rd, 2008 from 1 P.M. - 5 P.M. at the Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library in Broomfield, Colorado.

Bettye is an award winning voice actor with an enviable list of accomplishments and achievements and is a "go to" voice for many top producers around the country.

Topics to be discussed are The Business of Voiceovers and Audiobook Narration Techniques. As you can see, this is actually two workshops in one. The price for this two in one workshop is $195 and will include a ton of useful information and a chance to ask questions and learn from a well established professional voice talent that is well respected in this industry. Remember this will be a relatively small group, so enrollment is limited. If you want to be among the few who will be able to benefit from this intimate and fun event, it makes sense to enroll as early as possible.

If you've ever attended a seminar in a huge impersonal auditorium filled with people, you probably had to sit through a rather dry lecture with no opportunity to ask questions or participate. Well. this workshop will be more like a classroom than an auditorium and you will be a participant and not just part of the audience. During the Audiobook Narration Technique session, you will have the opportunity to read lines and be critiqued and hear useful suggestions from a voice Americans have heard and known for over three decades for products like: Pace Picante Sauce: "It's made in NEW YORK CITY??" Chiffon Margerine : "It's not NICE to FOOL Mother Nature!" Or this: "You're listening to THE WEATHER CHANNEL!" and for the telephone systems..."The number you have dialed is NOT in service. Please look up your number and try again!"

Bettye will also provide a packet of printed material and literature to take home to help you remember things that were covered during the workshop - - and, as if that is not enough, Bettye is offering private consulting to a limited number for only $85. Note that this is only going to be available to a very limited few, so if you want a private session with Bettye, it would be wise to make arrangements as soon as possible.

Learn more about Bettye Zoller and reserve your spot for this wonderful opportunity to learn from a genuine master on Bettye's website: www.voicesvoices.com

This event is being held in Broomfield, Colorado. Broomfield is about 12 miles North of Denver. From Denver, go North on I-25. Exit 120th Ave and head West (Left) approximately 4 miles to Lamar Street. Turn right (North) on Lamar. At second stop sign, turn Left into the Library parking lot. The Library is the two-story building across from the parking lot, next to the reflecting pond.

A PDF map is available at: http://www.ci.broomfield.co.us/maps/PDFMaps/125-BRMF.pdf

A Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.914378,-105.048823&spn=0.018038,0.047035&z=15

If you need more information than what is provided, please feel free to contact me at don@theradiohelper.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: