VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADR/Looping Event coming up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patfraley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: ADR/Looping Event coming up Reply with quote

I'll spare you the details in this posting, but please take a peek at what I hope to be the most meaningful Voice Match/Replacement ADR/Looping Event ever offered...anywhere. Am I sounding like an Infomercial VO? Please judge for yourself.

Fond Regards, Pat

http://www.patfraley.com/ADR-Masters.html

Last edited by patfraley on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

why do you do this to me? Every time it's a weekend where I'm already booked, lol.

Seriously though, this looks like a great thing for those looking to get into ADR. I'm hoping we have something at VOICE 2008 or that I can make the next one. Smile

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous, I am. When are you going to do this in NY?
patfraley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: ADR Event in NY Reply with quote

As soon as I can find a really wonderful ADR Stage, and staff willing to work a weekend day. I'll get on it.

Regards, Pat Fraley
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ADR Event in NY Reply with quote

patfraley wrote:
As soon as I can find a really wonderful ADR Stage, and staff willing to work a weekend day. I'll get on it.

Regards, Pat Fraley

NYAV Post.

Mike Sinterniklaas owns it and would probably love it.

It's small, but would probably work Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jon Morss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

This looks like an amazing event. I'll have to see if I can swing it.

Yoda dude-
Quote:
Mike Sinterniklaas owns it and would probably love it.

Go Team Venture!

I'm sure he would be gas to work with.

Lave the Action Bastard avatar as well.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think got it from Troy Baker (who is the VA for the Bastard man himself). I can't remember how since I don't have his e-mail handy, but... eh, whatever, lol.

Yeah, Mike is a great guy and while he's on the West Coast at the moment, it'd be worth asking him. Tom at Tripwire would be a good alternate choice I think, but that said it's going to have to be a small group (both places are small, if memory serves correctly).

Speaking of Mike:

threadjack over Smile

bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Fabulous photo. Thanks for posting that.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
patmccall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did what was then known as looping of foreign films when I was in college. One of my profs was a director at a Miami studio. Had a knack for it and stupidly thought that it was better to be a radio "star."
I am gritting my teeth for not being able to attend your class in ADR. I am about as post production a guy as you could find.
We'll just have to get Obi-Wan Fraley to the Sunshine State!
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, wanted to follow up on this post. I did Pat's ADR event last weekend and while it was mostly an excuse to the heck out of dodge for the weekend and defrost my frozen bones, it was probably one of the best workshops I've ever done. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use what I learned in a real ADR session, but as always, Pat organized an excellent weekend with the top notch people in the business. I learned so much my head is still spinning. I would highly recommend taking this if you get the chance. Or any Pat Fraley workshop, his strength lies in his ability to teach, which not everyone can do. He keeps on until he finds a way for everyone to understand the idea he is trying to convey. Well worth it.

Not only that, but it was 75 degrees, the birds were chirping and the bouganvilla was blooming...excellence all the way around.

Now what did I come in here for?
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Pam!
SO jealous am I!!!! cool

L.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Pat, when are you coming to NYC?

melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - When ARE you coming to NYC?
patfraley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not big on doing a post mortem on an event or workshop which is over as it is yesterday’s news, but last weekend, March 8-9, 2008, was a wonderful experience for this old teacher. 12 participants spent Saturday at Buzzy’s Recording in LA learning ADR/Looping Skills, specifically Voice Matching, and Voice Replacement in The Master’s AD/Looping Event. One after another, they got in the booth, and applied some techniques I shared with them to match Sam Elliot, Nicole Kidman, Julie Christie, Ellen Page, and other stars who require voice matches on a regular basis.

LA/Chicago/NY Actress, Amy Landecker covers a “Screamer.”

Ned Lott, formally with Disney, but now freelancing, juggling the hats of everything from Executive Producer to Casting and ADR Supervisor, joined the group and worked with Wunderkind Engineer, Andy Morris, sharing their knowledge as they worked each participant, fulfilling most every application of voicing existing footage.

On Sunday, we all joined Terri Douglas, teacher, and ADR casting person for the major studios in Los Angeles, at Wildfire Post-Production, where they do the ADR sessions for everything from Rambo to Juno. Eric Thompson, engineer, worked with Terri and the participants all day on the various Ensemble ADR Techniques, such as “Wallas, “Doughnut,” “Wilds,” and “Shout-Outs.”

Terri Douglas shares a “Walla” technique with LA Voice Talent, Sandy Mooney.

I was so encouraged as a teacher and presenter to witness all participants advancing skills with ADR/Looping, working in the best booth and on the best sound stage in the country, with the premiere teachers, and engineers, Ned, Terri, Andy, and Eric.

Fond Regards, Pat Fraley

The Whole Group on the Wildfire Post-Production ADR Stage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: