VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compelling Storytelling: A Fresh Approach to Marketing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Compelling Storytelling: A Fresh Approach to Marketing Reply with quote

Hi All!
I wanted to let you know about an awesome 3-day workshop that I'll be attending in...VEGAS, BABY!

Barbara Winter (one of my business mentors and an awesome person) will be holding a seminar that, although not VO targeted, is targeted to entrepreneurs which WE ALL ARE! All the info is below and on her website: http://www.barbarawinter.com/special_events.htm

And YES, there will be pics of me & CourVO at some point! Laugh

Compelling Storytelling
A Fresh Approach to Marketing

It’s a noisy world out there. Everywhere we turn we’re assaulted with marketing messages. Flashing banners on the Internet, incessant commercials on television and magazines that have more ad pages than articles surround us. Even athletic arenas are giant billboards. How can your little enterprise compete with all that racket?

By not competing, that’s how. Would you rather be creative instead of annoying? What if you could make your message so memorable that people would want to hear what you have to say? What if you learned to approach marketing from a storyteller’s perspective?

Consider this bit of wisdom from The Well-Fed Self-Publisher by Peter Browerman:
“As a single guy, I occasionally surf over to one of the online dating sites. The clichés are rampant. Here are zillions of people, looking for the most important relationship of their lives, and barely one in a hundred takes time to craft a message that is even remotely creative and original...I always want to ask: Do you think you’ll attract the opposite sex by blending in with everything around you? That’s called camouflage. People in the armed forces do this when their lives depend on not being noticed or standing out in any way. If you want to be seen, you have to draw attention to yourself.”

Precisely.

And that’s exactly what we’ll be exploring in Compelling Storytelling: A Fresh Approach to Marketing. In this idea-packed workshop, you’ll be rolling up your sleeves, getting out your journal and discovering how to market from a storyteller’s perspective. After that, you’ll develop ease in talking about your business and uncover storytelling secrets from some of the boldest entrepreneurs on the planet—the hoteliers of Las Vegas.

Through interactive exercises you’ll:

- Discover the story only you can tell
- Examine basic principles of great storytelling
- Explore attention-getting devices that feel comfortable
- Learn to cut through the clutter
- Write a personal bio that is more than just the facts
- Go from ordinary to spellbinding
- Gather a collection of stories that illustrate and inspire
- Find easy ways to get into the conversation—and be heard
- Become irresistible to the media
- Build your natural monopoly

We’ll also be taking a look at some of the most brilliant entrepreneurial storytellers to see how they did it. Best of all, you’ll get to test your stories in a supportive environment where you’ll receive encouragement, not critique.

And as if that weren’t enough, you’ll spend an evening in the presence of the master storytellers from Cirque du Soleil.

If this is your year to build a stronger presence in the world—or even just your neighborhood—Compelling Storytelling will give you the power tools you need to let the world know what you have to offer.

Register now for three days of ideas and inspiration that you can put to use immediately. Whether you’re just launching a new enterprise or need to tune-up a more mature one, Las Vegas is the place to come for a jumpstart.

What: Compelling Storytelling
When: February 5-7 2008
Where: Las Vegas, NV

You can take advantage of the special introductory price of just $457 which includes the seminar, materials and ticket to Mystere and a celebratory dinner the last night at Marrakech (a favorite of Richard Branson).

Any questions, just give a call, or email Barbara & tell her "Liz sent me!"
Laugh
Liz
Gp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good one to go to. Wish I was at a point I could go. This story telling thing may just have some real merit. At least it is one way to differentiate yourself from the crowd. At least until the crowd finds it....that dumb crowd follows everything and anything...especially if they think it will make them rich. The good news, most of them are too lazy to take the time to have a thought of their own. Dance to the different drummer!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I think that is what I have been saying for some time now... It's in a little book called LoveNotes...

I am really glad to see someone else see the value, and now more people may also.

F2
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, YOU would LOVE Barbara! Kiss

Liz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: