VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metro Traffiquers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Metro Traffiquers Reply with quote

From another topic:
toripeck wrote:
By the way Deirdre, I am also a traffic reporter for Metro Networks here in San Diego. Currently doing the (ugh) split shift!
How long have you been with Metro?
I would love to give up one of my shifts as I'm exhausted but not enough vo work.....yet!

I've been doing traffic for Shadow and then Metro since 1997. I can't imagine a split shift.

Afternoons are a mixed blessing. I don't have to get up before dawn year 'round, but it is as I have said before, a stake through the heart of my day to be leashed to the clock in the afternoon. If it weren't a union gig, I'd blow it up. As it is, it's helping me get health insurance.

As far as branching out--you'll have to explore the local possibilities and hit midday auditions if you don't have a home studio. Production companies and Cable TV stations-- gone that route already?
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in relatively serious discussion with the local Metro Traffic org in town to do news for a new affiliate.... then they told me about the non-union pay.... which was a little worse than being a tenured bus boy at Denny's.

I graciously declined/ran.

My hope is that the pay scale I heard was an anomaly rather than the rule for that position around the country
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: