VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not VO related but a spam worthy of a response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Not VO related but a spam worthy of a response Reply with quote

Good day Sir ,

My name is Smith Canger, I am an American soldier.

I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in
Iraq, As you know we are being attacked by insurgents
everyday and car bombs.We managed to move funds belonging to
Saddam Hussien's family. The total amount is US$12.5 Million
dollars in cash, mostly 100 dollar bills.

We want to move this money to you, so that you may invest
it for us and keep our share for banking.We will take 50%,
my partner and I. You take the other 50%. no strings
attached, just help us move it out of Iraq,Considered Iraq
is a warzone.
We plan on using diplomatic courier and shipping the money
out in one large silver box, using diplomatic immunity.

If you are interested I will send you the full details, my
job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that
will assist us. Can I trust you?

When you receive this letter,kindly send me an e-mail
signifying your interest including your most confidential
telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your
contact details.

This business is risk free. The box can be shipped out in
48hrs.

Respectfully,
Sgt. Smith Canger.

.....................and the reply from Banksey?

You're a disgrace to your unit, the army and your country.
craigieb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banksey,

Hope you didn't really respond...this is a classic "collect lots of valid email addresses from the people who respond" spam.

These are best ignored, no matter how enraging they may be.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a new, especially revolting twist to the Nigerian bank scheme.

Nasty.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email address already validated as it got through the anti-spam at server level, my anti spam at desk top level, the barbed wire, armed guard and Mike my trained to kill racoon. For me, no harm done and for the Nigerian fraudster involved several hundred emails from IT people in the know with non-return email addresses. By now his inbox and server should be near meltdown.....Poor soul.
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this would work?

------------

Good day,

I am contacting you because of a business concerning a huge sum of money which I have acquired as a result of my recent employment as the chauffeur to the most famous Don LaFontaine. Though I know that a proposition of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. I actually decided to contact you due to the urgency of this business.

PROPOSITION;

During my period of employment with Mr Lafontaine he graciously allowed me to keep whatever loose change had fallen from the pockets of the many luminaries that graced the back of his limousine, which I was formally employed to drive. This now amounts to a sum in excess of US$12,000,000.00 (Twelve million United States dollars).

Until now I have been able to hide this sum from the Internal Revenue Service. However, in recent weeks I have found it increasingly difficult to maintain the illusion of poverty and so I turn to you, my friend, to help me in my time of need.

If you allow me to deposit the total sum into an account of your choosing for a period of no longer than 6 months I will allow you to keep US$2,000,000.00 for your efforts including all interest accrued.

Should you be interested in my proposition, and I most earnestly hope that you are, please furnish me with the following information so that I can proceed with the transfer in all haste.

1. Full name and address
2. Direct Telephone and fax numbers
3. Occupation and position
4. Nationality and Date of birth
5. Marital status
6. Gender/sex
7. Full bank account details
8. A copy of your signature
9. Your PIN number
10. Your credit card
11. Your passport
12. $10,000 cash

If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of
the trust I have bestowed in you, I await your urgent mail. Please reply
to my private and confidential email: mbarretta@indiatimes.com

Best Regards,
Mr. Moyen Barretta
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiku, you wag.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type every permutation of consonants e.g hlykynm then add @lagosfraudsters.con and by next week your cup will surely runneth over.

My personal favourite is .....

MOST VERY SECRET SPECIAL CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not know me personally, yes truly to you I am a strange person. The purpose of my introduction is that I am Lodenga Nngrznqan the first son of Trixie Nngrznqan a farmer and ballet dancer in Mabpostu he was recently tripped by a silly man in a land dispute in my country. You are to be my contact which is why I write to you. Before the stumble of my father, he tooken me to Johannesburg to deposit the sum of US8.5 million (Eight million Five Hundred thousand United States dollars),BLIMEY O’IRISH PERSON WHAT A LOT I am thinking is what you cry out above the barking of your many goats. This dollars was meant for the purchase of government officials in my country so then can my family leave to work in a chippie in Basingstoke which is our dream.
Our President Mr. Bobby Scarface Patella introduced a new Land Act Reform wholly affecting the non ballet dancing farmers and some few who did tap and modern jazz, the result, bad crops and poorly attended reviews in city hotels .In fact a lot of people were tripped because of this Land reform Act for which my father was one of the victims. It is against this background that, I and my family fled to Shoreditch for fear of our lives and are currently staying in the Rest n Welcome public house where we are seeking political asylum, job in catering and more so have decided to transfer my father's money to a more reliable foreign account since the law of Shoreditch prohibits a refugee (asylum seeker/caterer) to open any bank account or to be involved in any financial transaction throughout the territorial zone of Shoreditch without it affecting our giro. As the eldest “Son of my father” like the very entertaining song by Chicory Tip ,I am saddled with the responsibility of seeking a genuine foreign account where this money could be transferred without the knowledge of my government who are bent on taking everything we have got, well just bent mostly. The Social Services here seems to be playing along with them.

All I am needing is for a bank account into which I can transfer this money of my father and you as a businessman are to be my partner who I have to entrust my future and that of my family, my father’s limp grows worse by the day. I must let you know that this transaction is risk free, low in saturates and high in polyunstaurates. If you accept to assist me and my family all I want you to do for me is to make an arrangements with the security company to clear the consignment(funds) from their afiliate office here in the Shoreditch as I have already given directives for the consignment to be brought to Shoreditch from South Africa via Brighouse in Yorkshire due to customs regulations and the van drivers bit on the side living there. But before then all modalities will have to be put in place like change of ownership, shoe size, tap lessons igset terah. This money I intend to use for investment, crepe bandages, my families benefit and prostitutes.

I have two options for you. Firstly you can choose to have certain percentage of the money for nominating your account for this transaction. Or you can go into partnership with me for the proper profitable investment of the money in your country. Whichever the option you want, feel free to notify me as it would be pointless notifying anyone else. I have also mapped out 5% ($US170,000) of this money for all kinds of expenses incurred in the process of this transaction. If you do not prefer a partnership I am willing to give you 10% ($US386,000)of the money while the remaining 74% will be for my investment in your country. Contact me with the above e-mail address while I implore you to maintain the absolute secrecy required in this transaction. I need you credit card number and a copy of your cheque book to be mailed to me only as an act of good faith. When all is completely over finished with you and you r family when visiting Basingstoke will never need for fish and chips in your whole entire lives. Please hurry my father has pain due to being made to stand on point by a gang of militant benefit claims officers from your English secret social service.

May your house be filled with sheep dung (a great blessing in my country)
Yours Fathfolly
Lodenga Nngrznqan
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiku hit's a home run!
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if todays SPAM has had a negative effect on sales of the original SPAM (the so called meat products)?
Thanks to the internet, most of my incoming email is composed of 80% SPAM. :evil: They came up with the Do Not Call list... How about a Do Not SPAM list? Smile
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T.gif" alt="W00T" border="0" />
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, in comparision to the junk mail, catalogues (3 and 4 of the same) etc. etc. that I pick up almost every day at the post office, I think the spam problem is overrated. A good, smart spam filter at the ISP's level will reduce the actual email spam drastically.

BTW, I collect those letters. Send me what you get.

Best,
Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
Jim Barton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: New Spam? Reply with quote

Actually it's not that new...I've been getting this same basic email with variations on the theme for about a year or so.

Here's one from jerry ladd [jerryladd2004@yahoo.com]:

"Hello,
Good day to you over there,My name is Jerry Ladd a gospel musician from uk, i want to release my new album in which i want to come down to the united state for my recording of my new album, but to the fact that i was searching for a good recording studio which i could just come down and to the united state and do my album at once, so i decided to cntact you for the fact that i have seen your profile on the internet as a good recoring company, i wish to come down to your studio for my new album i am about to release so for this reason i will like you to please get back to me with all the expenses if i want to come for my recording in your studio atleast for a week so that i will be able to tell you how the money will be paid directly to you as son as possible,hope all these are understood,expect your reply back in a jiffy...
Best Regards
Jerry"

Or this from Thommy Smith [djthommy2005@yahoo.co.uk]

"Hi,

I am a singer,songwriter of all styles. I just finished the re- written, re-arrangement and ready to record my debut album. titled "Peace" I go by the stage name "Peacemaker" Among the songs I am going to be doing is a tribute to the victims of Tsunamis Tidal Wave disaster.

As a matter of fact, I will need your assistance to record my debut album in your pro-tool studios inorder for my songs to meet the international standard. Before I forgot, my strengths are rnb, pop and hip-hop. I want to know how costs this would be and can I get the studios bookings ASAP? Also wants to know how cost this would be in dollars or euros and your account details so I can do wire tranfer for the payment.

Aftermath, I will be very happy if you could use your personal and managerial attention to pay this an urgent response.

Thanks
Thommy Smith a.k.a PeaceMaker."

What's the deal here, and what's to gain by the spammer (if indeed this is spam)?

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: