VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Normalizing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: My experience with TV VO Reply with quote

Remember, it hasn't been up untill the last couple of years that TV has gone stereo audio. Many TV station engineers have had to tune TV audio to sound okay coming out of that tinny little speaker that most TV's come equipped with. However, with more and more stations going "hi-def" (or preparing for it, anyway, most standard TV's of at least a 21 inch screen size now comes equipped with stereo audio, plus a consumer with a more educated ear, things will get better and the general quality of television audio will improve. Check out your local CBS affiliate, especially during prime-time, pay very close attention to the audio as the local affiliate inserts it's local avails into the network stopset and see if you don't notice A DRASTIC difference in the audio quality. The reason why I bring up CBS is, by my ear, it's network audio quality is by far superior to ABC, NBC, or even FOX. Now, as far as their programming, that's a different issue. May I suggest, if anything just for the sake of making a new friend, try and hunt down your local TV station's cheif engineer. Pic his brain on what HE thinks is optimum settings for TV audio. Chances are, he's the one who's in the know. Besides, i've yet to meet an engineer who wasn't more than happy to discuss his craft with anyone willing to listen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: