VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

revised website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVoice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: revised website Reply with quote

Hello!
I have revamped my website and am looking for feedback:
www.tanyamsmith.com
My goal was to have a place to house my demos (which need updating as well) and a place to send prospective on hold clients for information.
Thanks,
Tanya
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya... your website appears very clean... to the point... and the demos are easy to find. The commercial demo was a tad long (2:10). You might consider a revised version... under a minute. There seemed to be a lot of good spots to draw clips from.
One voice... many voices. I think I understand what you saying. If it has been working for you... don't change it. Would you consider the phrase... One voice... many choices. This will give the client the feeling that there is only one voice, but you are able to offer them a variety of choices how that one voice can be presented/heard.
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
TVoice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailey,
Thank you for the feedback! I agree that I need to update my commercial demo... it is long (plus I have alot of newer spots to add.) That is next on my agenda. I prefer 'one voice...many choices', thank you for the suggestion. I think it is a stronger way to communicate my point (and I have already implemented it!)
-Tanya
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't open demo tabs with Firefox and some relevant contact information is overlapped by your demo tabs. I can click on your email and "client" list (do you want that to say clientS?).
Disclaimer: I have no ground to stand on (read: I have no website...yet.)
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now listening to your commercial demo in IE. Nice voice! And there's no overlap such as that which shows in Firefox...
Seems slightly inconsistent that there is a lot of verbiage related to phone/on-hold demo (and copy stands in the way of a direct connect to demo).
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your demo buttons don't work in Firefox. Your image file is very large. You may want to resize it for the home page so it loads faster although many people on this board recommend not putting a picture of oneself on their VO website unless you are going for on-camera stuff as well.
TVoice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane-Thank you for noticing that the word clients needs an s at the end. Joe- I actually do on camera as well though prefer voice overs (in my website's second evolution, I had removed my picture but received feedback from multiple clients I should put it back, my site is more "friendly" with it-so it's back.) It is very distressing that the buttons don't work in Firefox. I have added space around the buttons, hoping that it will fix the overlaps and have checked each of the links just in case... I also changed the buttons from being two demos and one link- to being three demos. I built the links into the text of the page. Hopefully, that will give a little more uniformity to the page - I really appreciate the feedback!
-Tanya
steveanthony
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Firefox issue Reply with quote

It looks like you're using FrontPage, and it's using VML (vector markup language) which Firefox doesn't support. That's why the buttons don't react to clicks or mouse overs. Right click on the page, then select View Source. NotePad should come up with a look at the code that FireFox is trying to interpret. The code that renders the buttons is commented out (anything between '<!--' and '-->') , meaning unless you're using Internet Explorer, those buttons won't work.

FrontPage often uses code that only works in IE. The same goes for Publisher or even Word; code snippets often work only in IE.

The fix is to either create images (jpg or gif files), or just go with a simple link. Personally, I'd go with the link (the <a> tag) in that's quick and clean.

Steve
TVoice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve- thank you for explaining what is going on... I am using FrontPage. To clarify- the buttons are the main culprit (?) and if I replace them with either word links or pictures then it should (in theory) all be readable in Firefox. as well. I will see what I can come up with...
-Tanya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: