VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Actor's Home Burns Down. Please Help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Voice Actor's Home Burns Down. Please Help. Reply with quote

Was made aware of Billie Jo Konze's situation via a Paul Strikwerda's post about her situation.

Basically, her apartment building was not up to code and finally caught on fire and she lost everything, including her Studiobricks.

Her boyfriend setup a gofundme.

I'm just passing this along so more people could maybe help out.

I don't know Billie Jo but this story resonated with me and I know the VO community can help her out.
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know her and she's good people.

The situation is made extremely complicated by the building owners who won't let anyone back into their apartments until they sign a document waiving their rights to sue for lack of code adherence and that their things were damaged or lost due to their negligence.

It's a rough situation and I'm glad that there's a method of trying to help her out.
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Actor's Home Burns Down. Please Help. Reply with quote

Moosevoice wrote:

Basically, her apartment building was not up to code and finally caught on fire and she lost everything, including her Studiobricks.

This is not entirely accurate. The fire destroyed the adjacent building in her apartment complex, but the people in her building were ordered to evacuate. They were each then assigned a four hour window in which they were allowed back into the building to retrieve what they could. To add insult to injury, Billie Jo's four hour block was scheduled for Thanksgiving day. Obviously, four hours is not nearly enough time to disassemble and retrieve a Studiobricks booth, as well as clothing, computers and other equipment, and anything else of value, even from a single story house on a normal day.
I don't know what she managed to retrieve, but even if she will some day be able to get at her booth, she certainly won't have the use of it for the foreseeable future, so she still needs help.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Mandy Nelson
MMD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH my. We just had our 8th fireversary in which we lost our barn that had the office, studio, kid's playroom...everything. I hope she has some of the good fortune we had, however, in that most everyone was there to help and my biz insurance covered the cost of the new equipment immediately. I had to put it all on the credit card, of course, but they were awesome. The homeowning part was a lot trickier, however. I do not know her but wish her the best in the coming months.

Manfillappsoc: The Mandy and Philip mutual appreciation Society. Who's in your network?

Have you seen my mic closet? ~ me to my future husband
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: