VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PASport VO from CEntrance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: PASport VO from CEntrance Reply with quote

Cool new device not yet on the market, but with a little help from the VO community, maybe it will be.

Pasting below an email from George Whittam, who helped design it. Here's what he has to say about it.
--

If you haven't heard myself and the crew over at my podcast, the Pro Audio Suite, Have collaborated with Centrance to create our very own audio interface that's specifically designed for voiceover.

It's called Passport VO and it is an amazing product that we want to bring to the world, but we cannot do it. Without reaching a special goal, we have to have pre-sold a hundred units in order for Centrance to put this product into production.

I'll tell you, there are just no audio interfaces that check every single box for a voiceover actor, and this thing also replaces multiple pieces of gear in a studio.

A mic mute switch that ALWAYS works 100%
A mic switcher, so you have the ability to switch between two microphones at any time with the press of a button, each one of 'em at the right gain.
Two audio interfaces inside the box, so one is dedicated to recording and the other one dedicated to communications like Zoom and Source Connect.
A mixer with smartly designed routing for recording and playing back without ECHOS and FEEDBACK!

Head over to https://centrance.com/pasportvo if you're interested!
There are 20 units left in this limited edition 100 unit presale.

Want to know more about it from two of the designers?
George and Robert Marshall talk with Dan Lenard on VOBS.TV.
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great device. Would love to get one but not currently in the market. If anyone DOES get one, would love to know how it went/how you like it.
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting about it, Mike! If I had it would have been stricken down as self-promotion, for sure. Michael of CEntrance greenlit production so we'll see them ship in Fall 2023. We still have 19 of our limited 100 batch production run. We're all very excited about it!
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: