VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revamped site and demos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Revamped site and demos Reply with quote

Revamped my site and demos. Would love to have the thoughts of the gallery here. Please let me know if you're viewing and listening on desktop, tablet or phone. Thanks!

http://arthoward.com
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hear you. I can contact you. I can pay you. What more do you need!

Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echoing Todd, you have all the basics there.

This thought though, they say a picture paints a thousand words. What are some of those thousand words that your photo on the landing page of your site might elicit? What do they tell potential buyers about how you sound? Your experience? What you're like to work with? I mean there are lots of audio examples of your work available on the site, but the landing page is usually a visitor's first impression.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, fellas!

That photo was on an earlier version of this site that I ran past Bob Bergen several years ago. He said he didn't hear the personality in the photo on those demos. On the other hand, an Atlanta agent told me I had a "fun lilt...quirky and wacky but not TOO wild, and always humorous." The guy in the photo looks like he would have a fun lilt that was wacky but not too wild, I guess?

As a youngster I admired the style of guys like Eddie Money and Richard Lewis who appeared to be over 40 and wore blazers and ties, but still had a rock n' roll vibe, so I guess I was going for that. People will say, "Be yourself," but obviously that's the FIRST thing I tried! Wink

More than anything, I want the photo to separate this site from the 100,000 other VO sites, like the swoosh indicates Nike or the golden arches tell us we're at McDonald's. Another option would be a graphic of an Elvis microphone (not!).

Thanks again for the reviews!
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you describe your picture is the way I felt about it, but I agree with someone previous who said that everybody will have a different interpretation of it. Site's easy to scan and read, puts the most important stuff first, but lacks a cohesive design theme that ties things together... lots of different fonts and sizes and colors... it all feels separate rather than one. Love the personality, though. "Looking to pay your bill? Bless you!" had me laughing out loud ready to pay. Wink

Viewing and listening on desktop.

Last edited by Mike Paul on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Art
Contributor III

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Paul wrote:
... lots of different fonts and sizes and colors... it all feels separate rather than one.

Good point! I'm using the same font in various sizes as headers and subheaders, but I do think I had slightly too many different colors. They were all pulled from the Fall color palette, but five is too many. I noticed Joe Cipriano uses red, white, and two different shades of blue, so I'm trying to whittle it down to burgundy, gold, black and grey.

After I mentioned Elvis mics I remembered: I've got one in my logo! Guilty!

Feeling good that the critique is of the visuals and not the audio content...so far! Thanks again, everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: