VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Sh*# Just Got More Real

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject: This Sh*# Just Got More Real Reply with quote

We’ve been avoiding this Covid business like the plague (not really a pun I guess) by limiting our risk every way reasonable. Well now a close friend just tested positive as well as her 7 year old son. Her 11 year old special needs daughter and husband are negative so far and they’ve got room to keep distant at home. We’re shocked because we know how careful she is including being fully vaccinated. We see them almost every weekend but not this one!

Omicron is raging here, but raging in a small state like Oregon is not quite as bad as other places. Nonetheless we’re cocooning best we can until this variant blows over.

Thank you for getting vaccinated. The more people that do it, the sooner work, school, and outings like restaurants will get back to normal.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH. Stay safe!
Kiss
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my coworkers at the main job very definitely has omicron and they are hunkering down for a while. They are vaccinated and boosted and feel very unpleasant but that's the extent of it.

My groomsman and his wife and new daughter have tested positive, also vaccinated. They feel miserable but so far that's about it. Their parents, who are not, are a mix; his father recovered quickly, we're not sure his mother is going to make it without a hospital visit.

Hosted a Clubhouse room yesterday for voice actors working day jobs (it seemed like a cute idea at the time) and one of the participants was almost done recovering. Vaccinated and boosted. His sinuses were still pretty plugged up but that seemed to be as bad as it got for him.

Many epidemiologists believe that the sharp rise in cases makes it an unavoidable eventuality. I implore everyone to please do everything possible to avoid this for as long as they can.
BruceG
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our home is small (a New England Cape House), with three adults: me, my wife, and our son. In the past 1.5 years, including this Christmas, our son got COVID twice and yet my wife Jen and I managed to stay negative. Jen's a nurse and works in the VA Healthcare system and is around this stuff all the time. Our son Bryan had moderate symptoms with the first case in 2020 and very minimal symptoms with Omicron at Christmas.

It truly is a miracle that we've managed to come out of this as well as we did as a family. Many others have it so much worse and my heart goes out for them. Uncertain
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly after posting on Friday I came down with a sore and scratchy throat that turned into a mild cold with laryngitis. Other than being super exhausted I had no other Covid symptoms such as high fever. I took a rapid test just to be sure Sunday night with negative results. Safe so far? We’ll see.

B

Moe Egan
4 Large

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike our new reality. I haven't seen my youngest in over 2 years because of the 'Rona. They were going to come home for my wedding in September, but had Covidy symptoms so they decided not to risk it (PCR test was negative, but results came after the wedding). They were also going to come home for Christmas, but as they live in Brooklyn and work in NYC, they have many coworkers and friends who've gotten Omicron, so they decided to stay put and have Christmas solo in NY...which broke my mom heart.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been immersed in covid since day one. i work with three hospital systems in the region, (southern 16 counties in illinois) providing in-house and external video/audio training/compliance/informational pieces. i've been in every possible building, room & ward, including reverse osmosis covid wards & ICUs. i was one of 2 PIOs for the arrival & transportation of the 1st round of vaccines here.

i mention all of this simply to say, nobody knows. i've personally interviewed immunologists, pulmonologists, virologists and about every other "ologist" you can think of. in front of the camera, they say everything you expect them to say. in frank conversation, when the camera & mic is off, they admit that data for this thing is wildly inaccurate. and that, PROBABLY, omicron is the best chance we have to turn this thing endemic.

home antigen tests are a crapshoot. my neighbor's daughter came down with symptoms - 4 negative home antigen tests, yet a positive PCR for omicron. (she's doing fine now)

i'll close by saying what has been said to me multiple times by multiple "professionals" ... question everything & when/if you get a jab, make sure they aspirate.

Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having almost fully recovered from my weekend respiratory infection I was heartened to find articles like the one linked below. Viruses that cause colds and Covid are cousins and surviving one can help you survive the other. Who woulda thunk it.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/exposure-to-common-cold-viruses-may-reduce-covid-19-severity

B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: