VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Will They Listen To You When You're Gone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: How Will They Listen To You When You're Gone? Reply with quote

This linked article is about a widow resurrecting the voice of her husband who had been a "Mind the Gap" announcer on the British subway system, and it got me thinking about leaving my voice for those who might want to hear it after I'm gone. Are you leaving a vocal legacy for your loved ones?

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/dec/25/the-christmas-story-of-one-tube-stations-mind-the-gap-voice

I've got YouTube and SoundCloud pages full of stuff and a bunch of books at Audible, so I think I'm covered. Of course there are a few items out there I want no one to hear... ever.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly Audiobooks and audio drama, here.
VO-BB Member #59
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly? they probably won't.

glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have shared this, too... When I was a kid, we didn't write letters to our grandparents. We made tapes and sent them back and forth instead of letters. After three or four years of doing that, my grandfather had a nice collection of cassettes that not only have the recordings my brothers and I made at the time, but also what he, my grandmother, and my folks recorded as replies. Pure gold.
VO-BB Member #59
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's beautiful, greg! the best thing i did recently was sit my 92 year old grandpa down in front of a camera and say "start talkin' old man." he passed two years later, but we've got all his stories. to quote you, "pure gold".

johnmilesprod
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, funny you should post this.

A few weeks ago, I went down to my locked storage space off my carport and was going through stuff for the first time in a very long time. I opened a pretty large box and found it loaded with cassettes of old radio shows I did in West Palm and Charlotte. I had completely forgotten. There may be a reason why.

I sifted through the box and found some shows that went way back. It was kind of weird. Anyway, after listening to a good bunch of them, I was going to relocate them into a closet, when I realized I probably wouldn't be listening to them ever again. Kind of like "OK, that was my past. Now move on. Your radio days are over." I took the box and threw it in the garbage bin for Monday morning pickup. So much for memories.

Like many, much of my voice work ends up on You Tube. I figure there's plenty there if someone wants to hear me after I mosey down the line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: