VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to VOBB - Would love demo feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtbonnem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: New to VOBB - Would love demo feedback Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Glad to be on the VOBB and figured a good way to say hello and put myself out there is to have y'all critique my demos. Smile

Here is a link to my Zamplayer with demos for Commercial, Animation and Promo (short). Use the drop-down list to listen to the different ones.

http://curtbonnem.voicezam.com/?m=8100&pcustom=vobb

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to your feedback.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest actors in the world get parts in multi-million dollar budget movies then proceed to not do very much at all. Reall? Yes, really!

Globally, I am regularly ignored by 300 million people. It's all about perception and association. Fake it 'til you make it is about confidence as opposed to what most people believe, lying. Your demos need to be about how you played Hamlet in Stratford, worked with a Belgian arthouse director, held the studio audience of a network TV talk show spellbound a reduced a loved one to tears by simply pausing during a bedtime story.

Anything wrong with you or your demos? No.

In 2019 you need to be able do all of the above just to get a Union Scale industrial video about high performance ball bearings.

Hope that helps.
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t post much and I rarely critique, but since Philip is the only one so far to respond, and not sure that he landed on what you’re looking for... what ARE you looking for?

It sounds like you’re new to the arena. That would be my critique at the moment.

And BTW Philip, I voiced that industrial video for ball bearings. Since I used them for years in motorcycles I built, I was happy to do it. Timken Bearings. Best in the business!

www.rickrileyvoice.com
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball bearings keep the world moving and even the dullest jobs we get asked to do pay a bill or two.

Rick's question makes a very valuable point for anyone asking for a critique. What do you want? Approval? Unlikely. To get discovered? Not going to happen. So how about sharing your vision and seeing if someone is able to help you take the steps toward turning it into reality.

I know someone in Pennsylvania and all they wanted to do was read books. The vision was that tight, that specific.

First met them in 2011. Keen and full of optimism. Focus was tight, vision clear.

So far, list of audiobooks around 200. Clear vision helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: