VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A newbie vo demo to critique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: A newbie vo demo to critique Reply with quote

Hi all! I just joined the forum and have already learned a lot. I am a tv reporter/anchor just getting into voiceover work here in New York. Just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on my demo. There are two, commercial and industrial/narration so take a listen and let me know what you think! Thanks, Wendy

http://wgillette.voices.com
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy,

Welcome.

And here's a direct link to the commercial demo file:

http://www.voices.com/studiofiles/zu/wgillette/WENDY%20GILLETTE%20COMMERCIAL.mp3
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My $0.02...

Some very nice stuff there. Your delivery in each cut is spot-on for the type of read required, and each one sells the concept/product well.

Now for some nit-picking:

Some of the clips on your Commercial demo sound more like they belong in Narration, and vice versa. The cuts should be category-appropriate, and you don't want the listener to hear the same clip two or three times.

There's some saliva-clicky places here and there, nothing that can't be fixed easily.

"MRI" is a little slurred. While letters in an acronym don't need to be staccato or percussive, they should still be clear.

You definitely have the talent and skills to do well in VO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Edo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun... I'd add an entry in the tv-commercial section...:

Gilette, the best a man can get!

(sorry, couldn't help myself...)

BTW you sound super!

Regards from The Netherlands,

Edo
wgill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: the best a man can get..... Reply with quote

Oh boy, I've been hearing that slogan since college. Thank goodness I live up to the hype Laugh
Thanks for the suggestions. Please, anything else would be appreciated. I have one New York franchised agent who is already representing me that handles some voiceovers and a bigger New York agency that looks like they will submit me, as well. So it is a good start.....
It just seems like such a slow process!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: