VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBeen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

Hi am new to the voiceover business and have just had my first demo produced. I would love to get some honest feedback on it, but I can't figure out how to post it on this message board. If you want to hear it and give me some constructive feedback let me know and I will email it to you. As a newbie any advice or suggestion is welcomed.
billelder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! If you have a web site, why not just post a link? (URL) We could download it and listen that way.
BBeen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

workin on the whole website, self-marketing thing. Live in a pretty samll city, should be the perfect place to start out. I'll keep you guys posted on my website development
Latech70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crispybud, how's the VO work going? I'm also a newbie...well, I'm more of a wannabe newbie. I don't even have a demo done yet. In fact, I just started doing serious research on the VO business last year. I'm currently a volunteer with the MS <edited to add: brain fart experienced here...see post below for further details>

Anywho, I'm interested in hearing how things are going for you in the business. Hope it's going well!

Last edited by Latech70 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBeen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: VO business Reply with quote

The best words of advice I can give anyone is to learn all you can from the pros and have tons and tons of PATIENCE. When I first started I expected phones ringing off the hook, tons of emails, and broken down doors....No such luck. I think constant marketing, knowing the right people, and continuous practice is the key. That being said I still have not had a paying gig. But thats OK, I am on the air for a radio station on the weekends, have done 2 commercials for them. Done voice messaging for my wifes company, and volunteer to read to the blind on the local public radio station. Baby steps, networking, marketing, and putting yourself at the right place at the right time and constantly staying in good voice shape....Any other VO's want to add something. these guys and gals are great and a super huge resource for info. Good luck to you
Latech70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be a long, slow road to making good money in this business. BTW, I had a brain fart and didn't finish a part of my original post. I'm a volunteer with the MS Library Commission's program for recording audio books for the blind and handicapped. So, I'm getting some valuable experience there. I'm hoping to get some sort of coaching or training this year (maybe even attend a workshop if a good one comes along) and maybe even get a demo recorded this year once I know I'm ready.

I've been perusing this board and a couple of others and know that the guys and gals here are top notch folks. I've already garnered a great deal of info from the board. Also, I sent an email to one of the members and he was kind enough to give me a call and shared quite a bit of valuable information about the business and his experiences.

I hope to put together a home studio one of these days, so I've also been interested in the thread about the 'Beginner's Home Studio'. I'm looking forward to learning more from the good folks here and interacting with all of you as the opportunities arise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: