VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harlan Hogan and Elaine Clark Workshop=$700. Worth it???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmoreno0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Harlan Hogan and Elaine Clark Workshop=$700. Worth it??? Reply with quote

http://www.harlanhogan.com/reservations2.shtml

Would you pay $700 to hear these two VO legends speak?
Mike Sommer
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it included a prim rib lunch and an open bar.

Don't get me wrong there might be some valuable information for a newbie or a moderate player, but you might gain more taking one on one lessons with a good vo coach or acting and improve classing. And you'll still have money left over to pick up both their books used on amazon.

I just find these Marriott convention kinds of settings better suited for Amway pep-talks, or granola tastings. You come out feeling great, but in a day or two you sort of feel empty about the whole thing.

Acoustics are counter-intuitive. If one thing is certain about acoustics, it is that if anything seems obvious it is probably wrong.
cyclometh
King's Row

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$700 would pay for a bunch of more intense classes with a coach or a group class.

I have to agree with my colleague from California on this one.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the question - "Ok Coach/Coaches. You are holding in your hand the biggest RECENT payment you've received from a client, it was a voice job. Tell us the amount and then starting from - Ooo I think I'll try VO work - Tell us the story of your route from the idea to that payment"

Obviously for a VO coach who is not a VO themself then they need to tell the story of the shy newbie who first approached them and their journey from idea to payment.

With all the detail, THAT would be worth $700. If 10 (probably less) of you got together you could fly me to anywhere in the USA and I could tell you that story. Here's da truth (it's not about me) most VOs and newbies do not want to walk down that road.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One on ones with a good coach beats a group session with a "famous" coach just about every time. When you have money to burn, sure, go see a big name, but when you're trying to master the basics it's hard to beat the personal touch.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: