VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kudos to Rode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Kudos to Rode Reply with quote

You know a lot of people complain, but few talk when something good happens. well, except me.

I have a Rode NT-2 mic I picked up off ebay a few years back, more details on that later. It has a nice shock mount, but I noticed recently the black rubber bands seem to be wearing out. I emailed Rode in Australia asking where I might be able to buy a replacement set.

I just picked up my mail here at the office and there was an envelope from Rode Repairs in Torrance, CA with two sets of bands, the invoice.... no charge. Now THAT is Customer Service!

Back to the earlier incident. When I got the mic it was damaged in transit, Fedex wouldn't pay since there was no damage to the box. So I emailed Rode about getting it repaired, the CEO emailed me back personally, and put me in touch with their office in California. They also contacted me and told me to send it out and they would take care of it. I asked how much? No charge. They replaced the screen, which was the damaged part one of the solder's broke off in transit, and they replaced the capsule. so for the price of shipping it out there, about $17, (they paid return shipping) I had a brand new mic. Looking at their warranty, even if I did buy it from them directly, and I was upfront that I bought it used, they do not cover shipping damage.

Just wanted to pass along that information, not only does Rode make a quality product and sell it at a reasonable price in these days of designer this and that, they also stand behind their products and do more than expected.
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill - I always like to know these little tidbits. I'll file it away and remember it when it comes time to buy another mic.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Richardson wrote an article for ProRec (an extremely informative site, technically) about the NT1000 and NTK mics a while back. He interviewed Peter Freedman, who started Rode. I posed a question to Bruce at the time he wrote the article, his response basically said Rode's charter was customer service, then the product. The belief was satisfying the customer would lead to product improvements. Glad to hear that's still the case!

Kevin
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: For what its worth Reply with quote

I'm in the market for a mic and before I read this Rode was NOT on my radar....now they most certainly are
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jim Barton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Rode NTK Reply with quote

Just to weigh in, last summer I started searching for a decent, quiet, reasonably priced condenser mic for my guest v-o clients. For years I'd been using a Shure SM7 for the client seat, but the dynamic hum just became too much of an issue. After much research, I decided to go with a Rode NTK. I compared it with my main mic of many years, the Audio-Technica 4050. At first I was concerned by the little "bump" at the high end of the spectrum. But the more I listened to it, the more I liked that little dose of sizzle from the NTK. Bottom line: the Rode is now my everyday mic, and the 4050 has been demoted to pinch hitter.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: