VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mbox DEMO driver problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Mbox DEMO driver problem Reply with quote

I searched the DUC but didn't find an definitive answer to this one.
Today I was trying to get a client's first gen Mbox working in Mac OS 10.5.8. When you launch Pro Tools, it tells you that the hardware is in use by another application. Then I noticed he still had version 6.7, so I decided to strip that away and just get the stand alone core audio driver working. After uninstalling and removing every last bit of digi-crap I could find, System Prefs still showed the Mbox with a driver called "Mbox DEMO". Nothing I did could remove it.
I even managed to record in Twisted Wave with it once, but it made a beep on the track every 30 seconds. Anyone have a clue how to flush this crud from the system?
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Edo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricky indeed, George. However... this sounds vaguely familiar to a problem I had at a friend's studio about 2 years ago. I can't recall how we (technically) did it, but it involved hooking up my spare Mbox2. We just replaced the Mbox1 for the Mbox2. It worked like a charm, then we hooked the Mbox1 back up and the problem seemed to have disappeared. This by the way was in version 6.9 LE on an ancient iMac (probably still running on OS9 or an early OSX), so no idea whether this is going to work in 6.7 on a (new?) Mac. If you have a new generation Mbox available, you should at least give it a try. I hear a lot of issues with Mbox1 on people running Leopard but I wouldn't be in the position to state this is a wide scale thing. Hope you can solve this bugger...
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say for sure whether this will solve the Mbox Demo issue, but have you updated the Mbox firmware to v22?

I've got the original Mbox working with 10.5.8, but the Core Audio driver is a bit weird. There is an issue with having to go back to System Preferences and manually switch the audio device when trying to play back using Quicktime or another audio aHobo Tounge after you've used ProTools.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't install the Core Audio stuff.
At all, evar.
Dunno if that's a solution for Snow Leopard, but it works for PT 6.9 on the Camp Cooper Studio Laptop in Tiger, and has been the same for all the previous versions of PT that had it as an install option.

I hate that Core Audio driver, it's always been a pain in my neck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: