VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pat Fraley in Phoenix 6/28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Strange

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Pat Fraley in Phoenix 6/28 Reply with quote

Pat Fraley is teaching a special workshop in Phoenix on Saturday 6/28:
"The Mix Down Melt Down"
I haven't seen it posted here before and the organizer just said there are a few seats left.

Tuition is discounted until 6/14. Here's the link
http://www.creatingyourvoiceimage.com/Fraley.html

Here's an excerpt from the description:
"A practical full day with a focus on acting, characterization, microphone technique, and taking direction. Each Participant does 5, 6, or 7 scripts in recording rounds with audio sketches, and commercials. While one group rehearses for the next round, recordings are mixed down with sound effects, and music."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to attend - but I did want to say, welcome Rich! from a fellow Hartford Bob Bergen alum Smile
Rich Strange

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

Hi Mary! Nice to hear from you. You rocked the mic in the workshop! Sorry you can't make Phoenix.

mcm wrote:
I won't be able to attend - but I did want to say, welcome Rich! from a fellow Hartford Bob Bergen alum Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rich Strange

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Workshop Review Reply with quote

Hi all. For what it's worth, here's a newbie's perspective on the recent Pat Fraley "Mix Down Melt Down" workshop in Phoenix.

The workshop was excellent. I learned a tremendous amount as I think everyone else did.

There wasn't any "official" lecture unless it happened before I arrived (late -- my own fault). This allowed us all to get MUCH more mic time than in some of the full weekend workshops I've been to. Not only did we have the experience of Pat's direction but he also gave us a lot of information during sessions. Example topics include using humor vs. comedy to convey information, allowing the listener's own imagination to participate in the story, mic technique and much more.

Pat's copy was loads of fun and the other participants were a blast to work with. The Audio Suites in Chandler was a comfortable, professional, and COOL (thank goodness) facility. Lou Hunt did a great job of coordinating the workshop and casting us for the various scripts. I missed the engineer's name (sorry) but he was helpful as well and shared more nuggets of wisdom with us.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rich— thanks for the review! It's always good to hear how these classes work out for people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: