VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i need an ISDN studio in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vox1
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: i need an ISDN studio in Reply with quote

I have a family situation that requires me to be in Port Charlotte, Florida

beginning April 5 for at least a week.

I need to locate an ISDN-equipped area studio, where I could book/rent time if needed for any sessions during the period.

The city is roughly an hour north of Fort Myers, and a little south of Sarasota and St.Petersburg.

If anybody's in that area and has suggestions I'd welcome your help

and feedback! You can email me direct at vox1@aol.com.

Thanks!

Mike in Mich

Saying something since 1970-
something
Den

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: ISDN Reply with quote

Check with your local radio stations. Give them an offer (don't ask their rates). Usually the Production Director uses it, but has no idea what the costs are, so if they see $50???? Sure!! When in fact, they may actually be paying more. Most stations have an ISDN connection - especially if they do live talk, coast to coast, etc. Though because ClearChannel (or whatever) ownes 4000 stations, they have a blanket deal with everybody, so it's not really a cost factor.

Your only consideration would be availability, so you may want to sweeten the pot by offering the station a couple of bucks to come in on a wednesday, 2pm.
craigieb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: But beware of the processing Reply with quote

The station idea is good one, but beware of the processing!

Some stations' prod rooms are so noisy, their gates are set ridiculously high, making anything other than "boss jock" delivery sound awful...and the processing can be WAY more than you're used to, or that you sound good under.

When I use my local station, I just reach over and hit the "bypass" switch on the Symetrix, and let 'em worry about processing on the other end of the line, which they almost always prefer anyway.

Just my $0.02.
Den

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: station processing Reply with quote

That's too true Craig. I worked in radio for years and one station insisted that we voice everybody INTO THE RED, because the limiters and compressors would take care of it - and it sounded cool (???) Another theory was that the more you pushed the signal, the farther it would travel through the air.

Wadda bunch o malarky I tell ya!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: