VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you can wear your shoes Wink
SheSpeaksCopy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything mentioned so far is helpful in getting a better ranking with the Search Engines. As a writer and Online Marketing Consultant, I have to do a plug for SEO content. The SE spiders like to eat and content is exactly what tickles their little ranking tummies! :wink:

Here are a few "gems of information" that many people over look in submitting site content. Everything I'm about to tell you can make a big difference and greatly assist people in finding you.

DO:
Put all your contact information on every page. Stick it on the bottom or in the left margin and make it easier for someone to reach you.

List your address in relation to where you are located. For example Shenandoah Valley, middle Tennessee, Rockingham County, etc. This might not seem important however, if you live in a rural area, it helps anyone looking for local talent in your area find you.

List all your affiliations with VO organizations. If you are a member of AFTRA, SAG or a regional association say so.

Link share with businesses and organizations related to the VO industry.

Post testimonials! Use this back scratching opportunity to link share with studios, producers or over VO artists you enjoy working with.

Limit your demo load time. Make it as easy as possible for anyone wanting to here you to listen or download your audio.

Use your Contact page as a marketing tool. This info. can be used as a way of inviting a potential client to sign up for your newsletter, participate on your blog or possibly offer a free 30 sec dry read, etc.

DON'T

Do not overload your website with FLASH. It looks great however, it highly distracting. Focus on the purpose of your site, Information, Audio and Visual in that order.

Do not assume your potential client knows anything about you or your business! Make it very clear EXACTLY who you are and what you do. How may CEO's contact you directly for work? Usually someone closer to the bottom of the ladder is who you initially have contact with. Keep it simple and you both win.

Ok, here's my final tips and I'm getting off my soap box.

You have roughly 5 to 10 seconds to make an impression. This also includes your page load time.

Make every page as important as your home page. You have no idea just which page may be the first a potential client will see. Websites that are set up this way are a dream to navigate and are head and shoulders in professional appearance above those with "window dressing' only.

These little "gems" of information may all appear to be minor things. Individually, they aren't really all that siginificant. However, when you combine each of these gems they become a priceless treasure by increasing the value of your website in promoting your business.

Well, I just read over this and it sounds like an article. What can I say? Please forgive me....I'm a writer...can't help it! :roll:
Midimuso

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS an article! Also, it's perhaps the ONLY one I've read targeted towards SEO AND V/O.....so in that-and others too-it is totally unique.

I so agree with the minimum 'Flash' advice....I urge people to lose it where possible or maintain 2 versions of their site. I will not persist on ANY site that forces me to wait while the page loads up. Even on 8Mbps broadband I see delays on page load and frankly, I just click away.

Maybe I'm just an old sourpuss though :lol:

Thanks for this Anita....I think it should be published right away!

Mike
SheSpeaksCopy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike! I hope it helps those here in getting the full benefit from their websites. You have no idea how many business websites I research and they are missing most of the information I have listed here. I've personally seen hit levels go up significantly just by listing this sort of info.

The comment/article is being tweaked (for resale) and will be posted in a client's website within the next few weeks. While I have no problem in sharing information, I maintain rights to my work until it is sold.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the concise tips, Anita.
I'm probably one of the few, but I LOOOOOOOVE Flash websites.
Whether or not you have Flash, depends alot on how much business you plan on getting from your website.
I get most of my work (or auditions... lol) from a few agents in NYC with whom I freelance, through some production companies in NYC that call me in directly, or through voicecasting.
I use my website more as a multimedia presentation of me. If you can't wait for it too load, then that's fine with me.

btw - I really like your avatar! It's almost keeping a "secret" of some sort.

-Anthony
SheSpeaksCopy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony, I just visited your site. Great use of Flash! I don't have any problem with Flash when people use it correctly. I consider Flash the icing on the cake. It's looks awsome as long as all the other parts of the website are equal in strength.

If you don't mind, I'd like to bookmark your site to show my clients (who insist on a Flash site) how it can be incorporated without sacrificing SEO content. Is that OK with you?

BTY, who wrote your content? They did a great job!

The Avatar...fun with a digital camara! My niece asked me to do my " irritated librarian" look and I happened to have on sunglasses. The pic was funny and I cropped it and decided to use it as an avatar.

This avatar lets me see everyone! :wink:
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL about the avatar story!

I designed my website and write everything that's on it, including the newsletter. Thanks for the comments.
And yeah, sure, you can use it as reference, or even take screenshots if you'd like. That's all good in my book.

-Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: