VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Game Demo with VO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
0dd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Free Game Demo with VO Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new here and was just wondering if you folks actually have some time to game these days...

On the 31st of March, Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line--a total modification of Volition's Freespace 2 (an old skool space combat sim of renown)--was released to the public. (This is Ron D. Moore's re-imagined BSG, not the cheese of the 80s made into a game!) Anywhoo, it's a free demo and a labor of love (aka utter insanity), so I was wondering if the lot of you felt like sparing an hour or two to play a glorified Viper jockey--and well, comment on the in-game VO. (-;

Some Facts:

• Of the nine total actors, only one stepped in as a working professional VA, and two are still on the way to becoming pro-VA (myself included).
  • All other VA, (n00b) volunteers with $10 PC mics or better--which weren't problematic with the comm filtering unless they were dry reads.
  • There is almost 2 hours worth of VA in the whole of the demo. (1 hour and 57 minutes to be exact.)
  • There is a Single Player campaign and a boatload of Multiplayer missions for people interested in frakking cool dogfights. (You'll need to register at http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/ for the latter.)
  • I'll be relaying critiques to the relevant actors only if they ask me for it; any sort of feedback is mostly for myself since my role in this demo was that of casting director--among other things.

If this interests you at all, pls check the Downloads section of http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

List of Characters:

• Trigger (Red 1)
  • Slingshot (Green 2)
  • Chum (Blue 2) / Raptor-Lrg Ship
  • Pegasus CAG
  • Capt. "Gauntlet" Holland /Basestar Core
  • Nova (Blue 2)
  • Overload (Blue 3)
  • Colonial Command / The Monarch
  • Gavel (Red 2) / Capt. "Embargo" Galvan --> the latter is heard mostly in the multiplayer mission (de)briefs

Many thanks ahead of time for any obscene time sacrifices!

Last edited by 0dd on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in one of the Freespace2 modules somewhere along the line ages ago.

It should be interesting to see what has happened since then!
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check this out.

HUGE BSG fan here...for those of you with cable and who have never seen it, you are seriously missing out. Time magazine called it the best show on TV and with good reason. It's amazing.

And this season's finale was. Just. Awesome.

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: