VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

revamped demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: revamped demo Reply with quote

re-worked, re-configured, and hopefully right-sized...heaps of praise welcome, Wink and candid feedback of course encouraged...this is my 1st demo

http://robellisvoiceover.com/html/robelliscommercialdemo.mp3

...narration demo in the works....
donrandall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ya got yerself a winner there!

I realize we should try to find something to criticize, but you make it kinda tough to find anything.
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Don. I still sense that there is room for improvement, but as I'm sure you know we are often our own worst critics....
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rellis wrote:
I still sense that there is room for improvement....

Rob,

I don't know if you produced this yourself or worked with someone else; so my suggestions may not be all that helpful.

The word "glass" in the phrase "The glass is always..." sounds a bit odd to me, like you slurred through the word.

Also, the phrasing of "Time Warner Digital" (I think that's the wording) sounds a bit odd; sort of like there was a line break in the copy between the words Time and Warner.

I think if you fix those two little items, you'll have an even better demo.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. I can hear what you're referring to. Most of the demo, except for hospital spot, was done at a studio using a Neumann mic.
I could re-cut the spots in my own studio, using my Rodes NTK mic (which is not bad but not as nice as the Neumann) and using my production music, etc.
Actually with the Time-Warner spot I tried a little waveform surgery which seemed to help. With the "glass" pronunciation I'm not sure that anything can be done on the computer.

I have considered going back to the studio to recut the two takes. My dilemma is that I promised myself not to spend anymore $$$ on VO until I actually start making some money.

So as usual I am trying to find a happy medium between making the demo reasonably marketable and being overly perfectionistic about it. Rolls Eyes
I have to watch it because sometimes I get so obsessed with making it perfect that it becomes hard to see the forest for the trees.

Most of you can probably relate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: