VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
R.I.P. SAM MOWRY

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANOTHER A.I. Voice Stealing Job from LinkedIn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER A.I. Voice Stealing Job from LinkedIn Reply with quote

This came from LinkedIn today:

Quote:
Meet the hiring team
Ksenia, #Hiring
Ksenia Kremneva
Head of HR at Tomoru | AI automation & Technologies
Job poster · LinkedIn member since December 2022

Tomoru is an international IT platform for conversational robots.

We are creating voice robots that speak like humans.

Now we’ve entered the USA market and we’re going to launch our robots there.
We are currently looking for voice actors with cool and natural voices to join our team, who will bring high conversions to our clients.

The main task is to voice the Tomoru robots.

What do we have to do:

— Voicing of robots on a project basis.

What we value:

— You are an English speaker.

— You know how to work with clear deadlines - you are ready to voice scripts on time.

— Have a positive attitude towards feedback and are ready to take into account the customer’s wishes.
— You are ready to devote 3-8 hours to the project.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What do we offer:

— Remote work – you can work from anywhere.
— Flexible hours.
— A product you can be proud of.

Join the team, let's create a product together that you can be proud of!

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could go back 25 years and reword this to say, "Another non-union voice stealing job." This is just history repeating itself. VO is a good 80% non-union today. Twenty-five years ago it was well over 80% union. I predict that non-union vo will be 80% AI, and in far less time than 25 years. Probably closer to 5. I also predict we will see a growth in union membership as there will be a percentage of vo actors who want to continue working and have protections and profit sharing when generative AI is used to create new union content from older union content. Not a huge bump in membership But even a 10% bump represents millions in our P&H fund contribution and dues. I think it will be more than 10%, but I like to be conservative with my prediction.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 years at anything is a pretty good run.

That said, I have to speak for me. Everybody here knows I'm not against the union ... I just don't see a place in it for me. 99.9% of my work is non-union eLearning medical & pharmaceutical narration. The chance of it all going away. in the next 5 years or less via AI is 100%. There is no denying it. The chance of me joining the union at this stage in my career/life is approximately 6.32%. If the bottom drops out before I have the chance to retire I suppose I'll do something else, like become a Temu reseller of men's casual footwear ... or ... I'm a pretty decent welder.

Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd ellis wrote:

That said, I have to speak for me. Everybody here knows I'm not against the union ... I just don't see a place in it for me. 99.9% of my work is non-union eLearning medical & pharmaceutical narration. The chance of it all going away. in the next 5 years or less via AI is 100%. There is no denying it. The chance of me joining the union at this stage in my career/life is approximately 6.32%. If the bottom drops out before I have the chance to retire I suppose I'll do something else, like become a Temu reseller of men's casual footwear ... or ... I'm a pretty decent welder.

I think most who have been in the game since the advent of the internet, and yes, 25 years is a good run, will just deal. Many will indeed sell their voices to AI companies, even though they are contributing to the demise of non-union vo. The majority will ride it out as long as they can. That 10% I mentioned reflects people in this category of vo actors who've been doing this since the advent of the internet. I predict many more new talent will choose to go the union route as that is where their future/any lies. The union has already seen a jump in new membership since our past few contracts have gained AI protections and profit sharing.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I predict many more new talent will choose to go the union route

I think that's probably true.

MooreVoices
Contributor II

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd ellis wrote:

Your candor and humor are much appreciated.

I just feel the "realism" of the situation in your assessment and it resonates.

FYI, my Sons were in a science enrichment program in 2017 while in elementary at a local high school.

We got to chatting, he asked me if I wanted a tour of the school, and we ended up in a shop class.

He proceeded to tell me that they had an underwater welding program that seniors could participate in that had them walking across the stage into $90,000 welding/fabrication programs.

I wasn't surprised, yet, it was still impressive. I can imagine it's a bit more now with it being 7 years in the future.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three sons.

One works in the industry (behind the camera)
One works for the Department of the Interior
One works in the trades for a huge robot saw manufacturer.

The one I worry least about is in the trades.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: