VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product demo videos: what to charge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject: Product demo videos: what to charge Reply with quote

Where does a product video fall, in terms of typical rate?
Something like "to change the cable of doohicky A, make sure doohicky b is off first...."
I have an old client reaching out to me about a series of product videos that would total almost 300 minutes of finished audio.

I checked GVAA, as always, and not sure where this falls.
Elearning?
Corporate Industrial, Non-broadcast?
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Non-Broadcast/Industrial Narration to me.

Just one man's opinion, could be wrong: Were it me, I'd quote each video with its standard GVAA rate, then apply a quantity discount of some kind, maybe 10% but... more experienced people can chime in.

So if you had 10 videos each 1-2 minutes, that's $350-450 per video X 10 = $3500 - $4500. After a 10% discount, $3,150-$4,050.

Might be worth consulting David Toback of GVAA, who offers rate consultations for things like this. I plan on doing that same thing myself soon so I have a more clear understanding of pricing and the "why" behind it all, as it relates to larger package stuff like this.
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. Client is saying they're elearning. So...yeah. I also feel like it's an industrial/corporate thing.
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, if the client's saying it's eLearning then I guess the distinction is in the delivery vehicle of the learning. If it's just a video, it's Industrial sounding to me. If it's delivered through some eLearning solution, then it sounds more like traditional eLearning.

Do you have any idea how it's being delivered? You might ask them how it's being delivered so you can get them the most accurate quote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: