VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Voice over artist job offer (SCAM)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject: Remote Voice over artist job offer (SCAM) Reply with quote

(Moved from another forum-- admin)
Got this scam today in my email, just sharing for awareness. (Please move to the appropriate forum if it makes sense.)

Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 2:16 PM
Subject: Remote Voice over artist job offer

Job Title: Remote Voice over artist/Actor
Company Name: Legendary Entertainment.
Hours: Btw 24-48hrs per week
Job Location: Work from home in the US, UK or Canada.
Pay: $90/hour

About the position:

We at Legendary Entertainment are looking for a Voice over artist/Actor to work on aiming to promote our new shows and movies. This is a work from home job so you can work from anywhere. As a voice over artist, you should be able to speak with the purpose, and intention of engaging the viewer in a personal and fun experience. This is a freelance job and the hours are flexible.

About us:

Legendary Entertainment is an American film production and mass media company based in Burbank, California, founded by Thomas Tull along with co-founders Scott Mednick and William Fay in 2000. The company has collaborated with the major studios, including Warner Bros.

Key Responsibilities:

• Speak loudly and clearly so the audience easily understands the intention of the commercial.
• Ensure quality of voice remains consistent throughout the voiceover session.
• Provide 1-3 days turn around on projects
• Record your voice using appropriate recording software.
• Adjusting their voice to match the content and collaborating with a director.
• Meet up with content needed of 1000-3500 words or so recorded per week, pay is $4.55 per word.

Qualifications:

• 2+ years of experience recording voice overs that appeal to wide audiences
• Must have a demo reel or portfolio of voice work to demonstrate skills and abilities
• Able to perform under tight deadlines
• Strong breathing – not running out of air at the end of a sentence
• Confidence, as well as the ability to edit files when required.

Perks at Angel:

• Generous Paid Time Off
• Bonuses and we may provide our computer.
• Flexible work schedule.
• We handle payment via direct deposit or check weekly.

To apply:

• Send a demo reel/resume or portfolio to apply. PLEASE ONLY APPLICATION SENT TO legendaryentertainmentstudio23@gmail.com

will be considered.

Due to COVID, all Talent that are hired will be working remotely. To be a part of our wonderful team follow the necessary steps below to interview for this position. We also have a position for an Actor.

Our HR team would like to have an online interview/orientation with you through our ICQ Page for jobs, you can download ICQ on your smartphone App store/ Android or Computer, then register with your phone number and message/add Aarushi Jain the HR Team Manager on ICQ through his username (LegendaryArtist) to get started.

Mayra Estrada,
Human Resources Team.
Legendary Entertainment.
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky. Playing off by being an existing studio but then deflecting to an email very much not associated to them.

Also, ICQ? Really? I thought I was the only person who could even remember their ICQ number (1050751).... That's turning the clock back a few moons.
Mike Paul
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait till they figure out how to use ChatGPT to fix the spelling, grammar, and phrasing. Spam may be looking less like spam someday, aside from the very good ones out there already. I remember many years ago almost getting duped by a Citi email -- everything about it was legit, even links to privacy policy... but if you hover over the link they want you to click, that one takes you somewhere else, not Citi.

Anyway, hoping this helps if someone else gets this and questions it. I wrote Legendary and let em know.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The “responsibilities” and “qualifications” are so amateur and bogus that they clearly have NO experience in this business. Another case of stupid people trying to ensnare the unwary.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: