VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No! Please NOoooooo!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: No! Please NOoooooo! Reply with quote

http://www.navavoices.org/

So hungry was he, the dog turned to his tail and began to eat himself.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people at certain times can feel under represented. Now we can all be way over represented.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people behind this organization are reputable, and the reason it was started is legitimate. It's primary purpose was to assemble enough people who need it to be able to obtain group health insurance. This is not necessary needed by people who are vested by SAG/AFTRA and qualify for the union's health insurance, or are fortunate, like Philip, to live in a civilized country that provides some measure of health care to its citizens, or are, like me, aged and decrepit and able to avail themselves of Medicare.

That leaves a great many voiceoverists who would otherwise have to fend for themselves in the health insurance marketplace. When I last had to buy my own individual health policy it cost me upwards of $20,000 annually. And I can't imagine the cost has gone down in the last eight years.

I have no idea if any of the other benefits of joining this group are actually beneficial, but for those who need it, the insurance plan probably is.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, as a wizard once said:

https://youtu.be/5T6umD9Z8HA

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK most people join a Union, The British Legion or a local Club of some sort because in the club bar the booze is cheaper, seriously. A decade or so later the NHS picks up the pieces.
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great, if not only for the insurance. Did a cursory look at the health plans and they seem comparable to what an employer offers. Not sure about the 'Ease' company or who they're backed by but this would have been great to have when I lost my full-time job in 2020.
COBRA sucks and it's a joke.

Here's to one-payer option at some point though.
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my primary job working in durable medical equipment, I deal with insurance companies all over the country here. Blue Cross Blue Shield, all of the MultiPlan subsidiaries (Aetna, Cigna, etc) as well as localized cooperatives like Kaiser Permanente.

In all the years I've been involved in this, I was today years old when I first heard of Ease Healthplans.

From what I can tell initially, the rates are comparable. A $0 deductible is ... abnormal.

I can't figure out who they represent though or are backed by. If I was in a position where I needed health insurance this would probably be moderately appealing. The things not covered by the less-than-silver plans are a bit alarming to me.

There was a period of time not too long ago where there were hundreds of sudden "fly by night" health insurance companies that were all flashes in the pan and didn't last long and left people in need to healthcare holding the bag. Maybe it's just my history in this, but I'm feeling red flag vibes. I hope I'm incorrect.
Mandy Nelson
MMD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm legit considering this as an option as our Maine health insurance options are so painful. I live in the irony that our current insurance covers little, co pays don't count as deductions, and we barely make the deductable each year but feel we are paying through the nose for basic medical care. I've had the worst medical year of my life and had to turn down services they are suggesting because who needs a 4K scan that will be inconclusive in the end? /end rant

Manfillappsoc: The Mandy and Philip mutual appreciation Society. Who's in your network?

Have you seen my mic closet? ~ me to my future husband
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim and Carin are good people and doing this for the right reason. I am not sure about the membership fee but many people will be interested in the Health Insurance offering.

British Voice Over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: