VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please, no more "Honestly I AM important" articles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:49 am    Post subject: Please, no more "Honestly I AM important" articles Reply with quote

I had no idea "how important I am supposed to think I am" until I read the 163rd voiceover article/post entitled "No, really! It is SO hard!" My mind kept wandering to an exhausted ER Nurse who rolled her eyes and muttered something I best not type.

BTW do YOU have any voiceover work for an elderly, poverty stricken and frail man? If so, please send it along with a Postal Order for ten shillings to - Mr P.A BANKS BA(oxon) LLB Emeritus ATPL, c/o Room 3a The Portgordon Home for The Autumn of Life. Thank you.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get along by thinking that what i do is not important at all. except that it feeds my family & allows me to purchase ammunition. when we are in social situations when someone asks "todd, what do you do?", i say "i talk out loud for money. currently, i'm unemployed." then i make a sad face. it greatly irritates my wife.

also -

Quote:
The Portgordon Home for The Autumn of Life

this sounds like a place i would like to be. my kids will probably put me somewhere that smells like pee.*

*unintentional rhyming --- but, it could be a country song

Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amused by the embiggening that many voiceoverists indulge in. It's usually done to a) inflate their own ego, or b) inflate their own bank balance by creating a perceived need for their "expert" services in other, less embiggened, colleagues.

I think the only stuff that I do that has any real value is the educational stuff... where maybe, just maybe, my delivery can help someone absorb knowledge which may help them in practical ways. Other stuff can be entertaining (which has its own value)... but when it comes to people buying useless item A in preference to useless item B... or creating a perceived need for a totally unnecessary service or product... I'm struggling to see the greater value (other than allowing me to buy more useless items for myself).

Philip: Sorry... but any work that comes my way for an elderly, poverty-stricken and frail man, I'm keeping!

Todd: I'm assuming that will be in the traditional Merle Haggard style.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bish wrote:

Philip: Sorry... but any work that comes my way for an elderly, poverty-stricken and frail man, I'm keeping!

On the 5th Dec last year I was fatally killed by NHS Scotland and look what happens to my never far from successful career! What next? Burke and Hare Voices.com?
Moe Egan
4 Large

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bish wrote:
I'm amused by the embiggening that many voiceoverists indulge in.

Hmmm. Of the many words I have to describe this dreck, amused is never one of them Barf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: