VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to put together a B2B demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Trying to put together a B2B demo Reply with quote

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions regarding a B2B demo I'm trying to cobble together. Do people even use "B2B" as a category? Or could I call this a corporate demo without it being too much of a stretch?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1rHdyv0NXbd

Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking "Corporate Narration" might be a good catchall phrase for what you're doing.

OK, the demo. I would start with "I am innovation". You do an excellent Morgan Freeman knock off, and as much as I grumble at the auditions that ask for it, I think it's a useful arrow in your quiver. The cut after that was also quite good. I'd be tempted to move the first two back and cut the current second one down. It was quite long.

If you've got like four or five good 15 second cuts, that would make a good overall length. If you can show all your basic skills in just 1:15 then don't make the buyer listen longer.

These are all relatively mellow. Do you have something a little more powerful, or dynamic, or clever to put in the mix?

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce for the excellent advice. I am scrambling about for something more powerful/dynamic that I've done that still fits the corporate category, but haven't dug up anything to fit the bill yet. Meanwhile, I did manage to switch the order as you suggested and shorten the second (now last) bit as well.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1fOM7o6I7mj

Funny that you mention Morgan Freeman. Some months ago I was contacted by a German studio that asked me if I was available to do a few short lines impersonating Morgan Freeman, since according to them I sounded so very much like him. I wasn't all that sure of my, errr, impersonation skills - it's not something I get called on to do much. Or ever. So as a trial balloon, I sent them a portion of the read giving it my best shot. In the end I actually thought I had given them a pretty fair Freeman too, orders of magnitude more like Morgan Freeman than any work or audition of mine they could have previously come across for sure. But their response, alas... crickets chirping.

Fast forward to last week, when I saw a clip from a German dub of the movie Seven. And the actor who is the German "voice" of Morgan Freeman sounds EXACTLY like my everyday voice. Except in fluent German. It's eerie!

...oh, and he sounds pretty much nothing like the actual Morgan Freeman. So now I understand their disappointment in my passably good yet ultimately wrong impersonation.

FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Thumbs up Reply with quote

Hey Andrew,

I like it. Smile First sentence got me wondering if I was listening to Morgan.

Just my 2 cents. It’s funny, we don’t even use cents here in Europe anymore.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott. Mind you, with the recent allegations against Morgan Freeman, the comparison may not be the best thing to pop into everyone's minds. But I'll take your virtual 2 centimes! (we abolished the penny not too long ago in Canada and my pockets are happier and lighter for it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: