VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not necessarily a critique...but...Prying Eyes are needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaginator
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Not necessarily a critique...but...Prying Eyes are needed. Reply with quote

New website design went live this morning. www.voices2go.com is now supposed to show up and play on every type of web-receiving device: phones, tablets, desktops and laptops. would appreciate anyone who could check it and let me know what works and what doesn't. still a few tweaks left, but most of it is done...i think. tell me if i'm wrong so i can get corrections in the works. many, many thanks.
Rowell Gormon's Clogged Blog - http://voices2go.com/blog
Scott Lyle
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING*** this is from a purely layman's point-of-view*** Smile

It looks great to me on my Android Samsung Captivate. I really like the colors and how the logo catches your eye. Everything lines up great while holding the phone vertically. However, when you turn it to horizontal, things stay to the left on most pages and the rest of the items on the page don't appear underneath like before but beside and sometimes behind the voicezam on most of the pages with voicezam.
Also while in horizontal, the page colors seem to revert to the red background and the type becomes harder to read to my eyes.

I wasn't able to get the voicezam to play any demos on my phone, but I could hear them fine on the computer at home.

On the video page, the type under "I'm lucky..." is hard for me to read. I don't know if it's because its on the red background or that the font is smaller. Also, on the computer there wasn't the picture of you in the suit, just text that said, 'This is fallback content. RG video demo 5:00."

All the best, sir.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall - i like it a lot - you have a very impressive book of work!

one style thing & a couple of navigation things - imo.

i think the black & white image on the "about" page really sticks out (not in a good way) against all the bright colors everywhere else. it also looks pixilated - but that may be by choice. maybe try it as a duo-tone with red or orange - OR - and i just thought of this - drop the transparency to 50%-60%, lose the frame and just blend it with the background - that might be cool.

once you go to the blog - the link back to the website is really small - i missed it the 1st time.

i'd like to see the videos open on the same page in a lightbox, or something similar to make it easier for folks to watch more than one quickly.

that said - i think it says "rowell" quite nicely!

heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sings! It dances!

Niiice.... Much improved. Lots to like here, and much more alive than before.

I'm sure we'll find a few minor things here and there, but, all in all, this does a much better job of telling your story than the previous site. It's obvious you spent some time thinking about it. It shows.

Well done. Smile
Peter Katt
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice! A small oversight: At the bottom of the Home and Video pages there's a bar with small text that says 'This is the content for Layout Div Tag "footer"'. On the About page this says "Design copywrite 2013 Rowell Gormon" which should be spelled 'copyright', or use the copyright symbol (as on the Production page).
http://www.peterkattvoice.com/
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too! A couple things I would tweak. The cycling banner goes too fast to comfortably read each one and let the picture meanings sink in. I'd double the time on each picture. Then, the background reminds me of the windows and mac stock background's from 5-6 years ago. Maybe look for something less stylized or just stick with a solid color or a mild gradient.
imaginator
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, all. some of these i'd noticed as well, and we'll be doing the tweaks in the next few days.

but there are a few gems here i completely missed...which is why i need folks like you!

the video issue may have been the designer's way around getting everything to squeeze down into an iPhone automatically. i'll ask.

the color ideas are valid. will experiment offline.

anyone with wordpress experience know how i can get that link back home to show larger, or do it differently? it's the one thing we have least control over on this end.

again...my thanks for all the time you've so generously spent on this.
Rowell Gormon's Clogged Blog - http://voices2go.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: