VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gear For Grabs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Gear For Grabs Reply with quote

I've got a couple of low cost items I never use if anyone is interested:

2 Studio Projects C1 with shock mounts

1 Rode NTK with shock

1 Mackie 1202 VLZ mixer, with carrying case and rack ears

1 Studio Project VTB-1 preamp

1 RNP/RNC combo

If you're interested, let me know, any easonable offer will probably be accepted. I'm just trying to get some things out of the way for new equipment I ordered.

Kevin
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like dandy stuff, my friend.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**SOLD** Studio Projects VTB-1
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** SOLD ** RNP/RNC in Funk Logic Rack
Micazon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: upgrading? Reply with quote

Kevin,

To what are you upgrading?

Micazon
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: gear for sale Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

I'm curious re why you're selling the NTK ... and what you think of that product?

Deb Laugh
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally bought two NTKs because they were excellent tube condensors. You'll never hear may say anything about the Rode mics made to date. It's well constructed and with Class A preamp is stunning. The sibilant characteristics of my voice were accentuated with this particular mic and I'm really not into using a lot of EQ to fix certain things, that being one, so I let one mic go, the one for sale here is the second. One critical comment I'll make is the spider shock mount is fairly large, but it servers it's purpose.

I definitely would not say I "upgraded" but I did begin using a different mic. In early 2004 I started looking for a used U47. I contacted a bunch of people who consistently said three names. The Korby Convertible, the Lawson L47MP MKII and the Soundelux E47. While the Korby and At USD$6000 for the Korby Convertible, you got four capsules (U47, U67, E251, C12) so you basically walked away with a world class mic locker. The Soundelux E47 was USD$4000 and sounded beautiful. Then there was the Lawson L47MP MK II at USD$2000.

The L47 uses a capsule designed which is Lawson's take on the M7 capsules from his personal collection of Neumann U47/M49 microphones. It's a large mic made by a small mom and pop company that most Nashville engineers know well, in fact it came on three of their recommendations. When I called up Lawson, he said, "I won't try to sell you the mic, try it for 10 days, if you like it keep it, if you don't just send it back. Do you like Gold or Silver?" I chose gold.

The Lawson arrived by FedEx about 10 min. after my fax machine went off with the copy for a PBS based narrative. I figured what the heck, I got everything set up, the producer called an hour later we finished the 22 pages and sent it off. The next day the phone rang, he was dumping into his program and he literally asked which mic/preamp combo I used. I kept the L47MP MKII.

Kevin
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Rode NTK Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

Thanks your response to my question. Smile It's nice to hear what others think of the different mics available.

I started out with a NT3, moved on to a NT1-A and then on to an NTK. I love the warmth of the NTK, it has a depth I don't feel the others have, however, I do get annoyed with the "popping". I have tried many positions - for myself and the mic - but I still get some problems.

While i'm able to fix this either through my mixer or with the functions of my audio software, it still drives me nuts at times. Confused

I'd love a Neumann, one day when the budget allows. :o Mind you, I also have another mic which wasn't very expensive and it gives out a pretty good sound so I guess it isn't always about price (sometimes definitely, but not always). Smile

Good luck with your sale - is it on ebay?

Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: