VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May MCA-INJ Meeting: May 19th - NAB Recap!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: May MCA-INJ Meeting: May 19th - NAB Recap! Reply with quote

MCA-I North Jersey's May Meeting:
NAB Recap: What's new in HD?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009
6:30PM – 9:30PM

Join us in-person at:
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
Recreation Building, Rutherford Room (2nd floor)

or online via live streaming video at:
http://www.mca-inj.org

We will be broadcasting this meeting live on the Internet beginning at 7:30PM EDT. If you can’t join us in person, please feel free to tune in to our webcast at www.mca-inj.org. (But we'd love to see you in person!)

The Program:
We'll review some of the new products introduced at NAB which includes a dizzying array of HD devices. We'll also clarify the question "What is HD?" reviewing the multiple formats and HD standards that are described as “HD” including HD standards, HD cameras and HD compression formats. Understanding this is a must for anyone who produces, acquires or shoots video today.

The Presenter:
Steve Sarafien, Account Manager, Broadcast and Professional Group, Sony Electronics. Prior to taking this new role in July 2008, he was a Sales Support Engineer for 7 years, responsible for pre-sales support of XDCAM and HDCAM products, providing workflow demos and product training. Steve has been with Sony for 25 years. He holds a BSEE from CCNY. Steve is also a photographer and has served as the USA Gymnastics NJ State Trampoline Director from 1998-2002.

Food and refreshments:
Networking and light refreshments begin at 6:30PM.

Admission:
MCA-I members (any chapter): free
Visitors: $10.00
Full-Time Students and Faculty with current ID: free

Directions:
The University’s website has directions to the Park Avenue entrance in Florham Park on their website. Ask at the Guard House for directions to The Rec. Building.

For those familiar with Madison Avenue, Route 124, Fairleigh Dickinson’s main entrance is on the north side about a mile west of downtown Madison and about a mile east of Convent Station. Enter through stone gates, proceed straight (under the railroad, to the Guard House. The guard will direct you to the Rec. Building. Make a left after the guard house and the Rec. Building will be around the bend on your right. Parking is available directly across the street. (We will place MCA-I directional signs on campus if the weather allows.) Take the elevator or stairs to the second floor.

By train: NJ Transit, Morris & Essex line, to Convent Station. Phone for taxis, or make prior arrangements for pick-up.

Hope to see you there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: