VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction and Free Promotion Offer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Gordon
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Introduction and Free Promotion Offer Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I recently joined VO-BB and am still learning the ropes as this is all new to me. I see this is a very talented group of serious VO people and the Chat is especially interesting and light hearted which is probably why it is so popular.

I’ve also noticed that some of you are very knowledgeable and experienced in the industry and your communication abilities are excellent. This leads me to a request. We publish a monthly CV Newsletter to which we invite anyone in the VO industry to subscribe to and notify them monthly with a URL to the latest edition. Of course the email addys are kept confidential. Currently we have 500+ opt-in subscribers who are made up of VO talents, Producers and Clients.

Finding interesting topics for stories and articles is an on-going challenge and I would like to invite VO-BB members to submit for publication. Full credit will of course be given and I would further ask you not to submit information targeted at newbies but rather articles offering ideas and solutions to the challenges we face. Interesting stories would also be most welcome……….horror or otherwise. Marketing of course, is always a big topic.

Please either keep the articles rather short, about 500 words or feel free to submit in segments which will be used in future publications.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I’m looking forward to participation in this excellent forumJ

RGordon@CommercialVoices.com

Get Hit and Get Heard
GUARANTEED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VO-Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to jump in and say this is a great newsletter. Look foward to it every month.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

Welcome aboard. Happy to see your stopin' by where I hang out. DB's place is great. I love the talent and spirit around here. I really enjoy the MP3's on Commercial Voices, too. Funny stuff.

CC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Glad you chose to join us! Welcome.

Since articles are certainly a marketing tool, I submitted one to Commercial Voices last week. The new newsletter was published this week and lo and behold, there's my article.

I, too, have been subscribed to and reading C.V.'s newsletters for some months now. I truly enjoy being published alongside the likes of Harlan Hogan and Peter Drew. Plus, I see a lot of my VO-BB cronies in their database.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to be a member to submit an article?

-Anthony
Doc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony,

I'm not sure, but I don't believe so. However, in order to receive the newsletter announcements in e-mail, you need to subscribe. Subscription is free, but I chose to become a Gold Member.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. thanks, doc.

-Anthony
Rick Gordon
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the article Doc. Feel free to submit anytime. It's either feast or famine in the Newsletter writing/gathering business so help and guidance is always appreciated. We like good sources for info as well.

No Anthony you don't need to be a member to submit an article or a story but we are mostly interested in topics directed at experienced VO Pros rather than newbies. Also, you need not be a member to link to us if you wish. I've been brainwashed to believe that reciprocal linking will increase rankings in search engines but.....but.......is the jury still out on this?

Cheers,
Rick

Get Hit and Get Heard
GUARANTEED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: