VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington DC Area-Randy Thomas and Peter Rofe Seminar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Washington DC Area-Randy Thomas and Peter Rofe Seminar Reply with quote

Who? Randy Thomas (www.randythomasvo.com) and Peter Rofe (www.pdrvoicecoaching.com)

What? A voice-over seminar -- Randy and Peter will discuss voice over technique, microphone technique, terminology, script breakdown, and marketing strategies. They will work with each student to explore the rhythms and pacing of commercial copy, resulting in a real, intuitive “read.” ALSO included with the workshop: Q&A time with Randy and Peter; a signed copy of Randy and Peter’s book, VOICE FOR HIRE; and an MP3 recording of your work in the booth during the workshop.

When? Saturday, June 13 from 6 to 9 pm

Where? Absolute Pitch, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Ste. LL01, Bethesda, MD 20814

Cost? $300 - seating will be limited to 15-20 people.

RSVP: to peterrofe@aol.com

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does the above event strike anyone else as extremely good value for money?
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Philip,

I don't set the rates, I just communicate 'em. Peter charges a tad more for a similar evening in NYC and doesn't have a problem filling the room.

However, I do think that this event is going to morph into something else. More info soon.

Thanks... Caryn

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you misread what I wrote? Extremely good value for money means worth attending.

I just thought that people got a lot of goodies crammed into a short time. May be it only appears inexpensive to me because I convert dollars into pounds.
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... yes, it's a better value when you convert!

I'm glad you think it's a good value... though no one else chimed in, so that is what might have helped me come to the conclusion that I was witnessing your wit in words. Thanks for the encouraging words!!

I do believe the class is morphing into a little different event with a smaller pricetag. I will repost the new details when I have them.

CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the update on the seminar...

The Washington, DC-Baltimore AFTRA/SAG CONSERVATORY is pleased to present . . .

“How to Become Successful in the Voiceover Industry”

a special evening seminar with RANDY THOMAS and PETER ROFÉ

SATURDAY, JUNE 13th – 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (One night only)

ST. JOHN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, 6701 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase, Maryland

Take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn from two of the industry’s top talents – Randy Thomas, one of the most recognized female voices in America, and Peter Rofé, regarded by many to be New York City’s most respected voice-over coach and producer. Together, they have co-authored Voice for Hire: Launch and Maintain a Lucrative Career in Voiceovers (published by Random House), an outstanding book full of tips and strategies you can put to use to advance your career.

Learn from these two top V/O pros as they discuss what it takes to
get to the next level as you explore:

- Marketing savvy, and how the secrets of branding can help set you apart and attract big paychecks.

- New ways to land big-time gigs.

- Strategies to grow your voiceover work to a sustainable income (and give up your day job).

- The art of attracting agents in this increasingly competitive business.

- The current state of the voiceover industry,where its headed . . . and more.

Discover how to:
- Enhance your copy interpretation skills.
- Understand the secret to booking more auditions.
- Learn how to be seen as a top-notch talent with a bankable range of reads.
- Build a bigger client base with the home studio of your dreams.

To attend this extraordinary event, you must be a member of AFTRA and/or SAG in good standing and must register and pay for this seminar in advance. The cost is just $50.00 (prepaid), and your registration fee includes the seminar and an autographed copy of their new book, Voice for Hire: Launch and Maintain a Lucrative Career in Voiceovers.

Don’t miss this one-time opportunity to meet two of the stars of the voiceover world. Space is limited. Register today!

To make your reservation and receive your PayPal payment instructions, please contact Carolyn Bell at Carolyn@carolynbell.com or (703) 914-2769.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: