VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scripts for self produced demo....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
Incidentally, the term is "burr under your saddle".

hmmm. Yes, I suppose it is...but I've heard "under your collar" a lot back in Alabama too. Must be a hunting dog thing.

I am neither "hot under the collar" nor do I have a "chip on my shoulder" over this. It's nothing I haven't heard before, and it is true to some extent. Hence my attempt at humor with the Cries

Lips Are Sealed my apologies.
donrandall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone needs to learn to keep their hands out of their pockets at the mic stand.

Are you being gratuitously argumentative again?

They're my hands and I'll put 'em in my pocket if'n I wanna. We don't need to discuss why.....hey, it's a guy thing.....ya know?Wink

Seriously, my comments weren't intended to be inflammatory, but merely a comment on an observation. Your comments were quite right - precisely on target - although some of us Radio hacks actually can get into character when needed.

Could I do the Russian or New York accent that you posted for us? Ooohhh......that would take considerable time, effort and practice before findally giving up in resignation and disgust. Hey, the only thing holding me back is lack of talent!

I would think a conversation regarding the virtues of straight reads vs the 30 or 60 sec product oriented radio comedy or drama could be productive because it would allow us all to see and consider more than one point of view.
Doc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The absolute, most difficult part of doing characters, dialects, impressions, etc. is sustaining them.

Deirdre - I'd be interested to know what you learned about this perplexing aspect of voice characterizations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: