VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FA: Kel HM-7U $250 free shipping US only

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Test
DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: FA: Kel HM-7U $250 free shipping US only Reply with quote

This mic has been sold. Went for $250 on eBay with free shipping, by the way.

TT

I probably should have just posted this here on vo-bb before putting it up on eBay. But I thought I should post it here as well in case anyone is interested. The listing is here: http://tinyurl.com/aa6ftz

You may have read about the Kel HM-7U on an internet forum like www.gearslutz.com, or perhaps from word-of-mouth. Kel is making some very interesting and distinctive microphones at great prices. I have the Kel HM-1 and find it quite useful (I'm a full-time voice-over talent).

After I got this mic, I took it to another VO buddy's studio. We tested this mic against a Heil PR-40, Rode NTK, M-Audio Sputnik and Neumann TLM-103 - all much more expensive than the HM-7U. Upon hearing me read a script through the HM-7U, my friend immediately commented, "ding, ding, ding - we have a winner!" We both thought the HM-7U was better in his set-up than all the other mics except the $1000 Neumann. (Interestingly though, I like the NTK better in my studio and through my signal chain than the Kel and maybe even better than the TLM-103!).

So why am I selling my HM-7U? Because I spent the extra dough to buy the TLM-103, which I like better for my voice. But the TLM-103 sells for at least $1000 new, while Kel (and another seller on eBay) get $299 for the HM-7U (plus $15 for S&H). I am offering my as-new Kel HM-7U for only $250 Buy It Now, with FREE shipping to the continental US. Take a look at my feedback - I've recently sold some other mics and audio equipment to some very happy buyers.
www.tomtest.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: