VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Have Any Luck With Stars N Sites?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Anyone Have Any Luck With Stars N Sites? Reply with quote

I know some of you are in the Stars n Sites database. May I ask how you achieved your listing? I submitted my info more than 2 weeks ago to no avail. I have e-mailed them several times in the past few days only to receive an autoresponse which does not address my inquiry at all.

I put their linkback banner on my site immediately after I submitted and it's still there. But, I'm having trouble linking to a business that seems so unresponsive.

Any ideas?
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc...

You might as well take the link to starsnsites off of your site... in my opinion it's a perfect waste of both screen and storage space!

While starsnsites continues to show somewhat highly on many search engines... I don't know of a single person who has received a response from them in the past year! Frown

I went through the same frustrating process about a year ago and have yet to hear anything from them... actually no that's wrong... I do believe that I received a generic solicitation e-mail asking me if I would be interested in using their website development services. I promptly hit delete! :evil:

It seems as though it's a great idea that ran out of steam in the early stages of developement.

Was the autoresponse still the one talking about the fires and them not accepting new talent until the "smoke has cleared"? That must be one heck of a fire, cause last time I checked even the fires from this summer have been out for quite some time! :roll:

Anyway, that's been my experience, but if anyone has had better luck, I'd be very excited to see who's buttons you pressed. :wink:

Good Luck!
Tim McLaughlin
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

I've been listed there for a while -- couple of years -- so I'm accessing the dusty memory bank here. But I seem to remember it taking a while to get my listing there and I think I had to email them a few times before I got a response.

The only referral I've gotten from them lately was the one from Digitalheadquarters.com which now seems to be a rip-off. I have gotten a few referrals in the past for auditions and info, but I don't remember actually getting any work from one.

Maybe give it a bit longer and see if they get you listed. My guess is that it's done manually.

ETA: Brian may be right, maybe they dropped dead from smoke inhalation!

Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Doc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, Tim... thanks for the response.

Um, no... the autoresponse was far more generic than that. Told me what I needed to do to get listed, which I had already done.

Tim - very sorry to hear about your experience with them.

Here's the way I figure things... it IS the 21st Century, so maybe I'm missing something. But when a company says they'll post your submission with 72 hours, I figure 2 weeks is, well... out of line at best. I own an online gift shop and if I handled customer service that way, I'd have to shut her down.

I don't even expect to get work from them, just want the additional marketing to get my name out there. The more I think about it, though, maybe I don't want to be affiliated with a business like this.

Also, my e-mail to them indicated that I would be removing their banner link from my site in 3 days (72 hours, get it?) if I didn't hear back from them. Hell - what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Thanks again, guys.

P.S. If ANYONE here needs holiday gifts, please visit my store at: www.agiftrack.com
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, I get a lot of visits to my personal website via Stars n Sites but that's it.
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: same here... Reply with quote

Same here guys. I've emailed them several times after putting their banner on my site. Never got a reply and never got a listing. Took the banner off my page. Haven't bothered to go back and probably won't.
Chuck Davis
M&M

Location: Where I love to be...Between the Vineyards and the Cows.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on their site for several years now. I get the occational bite and inqury. I've actually also gotten several clients as a result too. One IVR in Ireland, some web audio jobs. Oh, and the digitalheadquarters.com came from there as well. For free...what the heck! Voice Models has been good as well. Got my best long term/high volume client from that listing.
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never responded to me either, a year ago. I did notice, though, that the snarling, snapping, flesh-ripping, bone-crunching thread about Dazzle Productions brought the Site administrator, "natalie", out of hiding. Perhaps you could PM her and ask what gives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: