VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voicemail Prompt Editing software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Voicemail Prompt Editing software Reply with quote

I've Googled and Yahoo'd until hot fingered - and wondered if anybody else knows if there is such a thing as the magic machine I am looking for.....

I have a ton of prompts to do for a voicemail system.
I'd like to have a program which will accept one big audio file of prompts, then extract them to individual files, whilst labeling them according to the Excel spreadsheet list.

Or do I need a fairy godmother?

If there's even something that gets half way, it would be a help!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord, Girl.

This is why prompts are as expensive and as much of a pain as they are. They're enormously labor-intensive.

YOU have to edit each one, put the correct buffers in and name each file, then convert 'em all to the right format.

It's all you and Cool Edit or Pro tools or Audition.
And loads and load of time.

Learn as many shortcuts as you can.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! So I did need a Fairy Godmother... to tell me I am dreaming!

But hey, everything starts with a dream.

It must be possible to create a program which scans a WAV file, extracts portions (triggered by minimum silence parameters), then adds buffers and saves them in order according to a database of names.

And why no-one has done it, I don't know. It's such a huge industry and the developer would make a BUNDLE.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be pretty simple to create a process to split the file at a specific frequency's tone but if the filename got off by one filename, you would have to rename everything anyway .... just not worth it.

The easiest way is to skip the wav file and record right into the phone system, usually sounds better too.

Kevin
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest to what you are asking for is Vox Studio by Xentec. Check it out at: http://www.xentec.be/ you might be surprised at what it will do... it works with codecs designed for phone systems.

Frank F
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha! Thank you Frank, zipping right over!
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ancient program called Audio Toolbox that does exactly what you are looking for. It's made by a compant called Voice Information Systems, Inc. I've been using it since the days of MS-DOS. If you don't know what that means, you're too young to understand. :lol:

It does amazing things. Indexing, soundchop, EQ, format conversion, whatever. Everything except removing breaths. :wink: I still use it to this very day on rare occasion.

Try calling 800-234-VISI (8474)

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll check the software itself for the tech support phone. I know they were still in business up to a year or two ago.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff, I found the website, and I'm checking it out!
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Vox Studio upgrade will include a feature that converts Excel files into their prompt system.

I use Vox Studio and only just discovered this prompting feature that let's you record a prompt and move to the next prompt by hitting the space bar - while it automatically saves the file with the unique file name. After that, it can add the right handles to both ends and normalize to the proper amplitude for your particular client using a batch process.

You have to have the script prepared "just so" in a plain text file, but I have figure out how to fairly quickly convert Excel to text and then enter the correct number of paragraph drops between the file name and the actual prompt copy. Saves me soooo much time now for this one client with hundreds of prompts each month.

But the reason I got it in the first place was that I needed to convert to an abscure .vox format (NMS - Natural MicroSystems).

I think I'll check out what Jeff was mentioning though - always nice to know if there are other options.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Connie!

Yes, I checked out the Vox Studio software Frank suggested, and I was SO taken with the auto prompt and save functions!

The Audio Toolbox seems to work with a complete WAV file in the way I described, and now I've seen the Vox Studio software I realized I was dreaming a bit low! Wow, to have all the prompts set up that way for you is awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: