VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking the signal back to Line-in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Taking the signal back to Line-in Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for the engineers out there particularly, but not limited to, those who use Pro Tools: As I record using my MBox or other Digidesign devices I can take the signal to a set of speakers and/or a headset.

What I would like to know is this: can I also take the signal and the time of recoding to the line-in of the soundcard of the same computer and then shoutcast it to a stream server such as Live365.com?

Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bernard,

My experience with this has been technically speaking... yes... BUT!!!!

It may be the sound card on my computer, but I tend to get some nasty buzzing! It's almost like there's a feedback loop that has been created, but that doesn't technically make sense to me (I'm no engineer!)

Additionally, you'll want to watch out for how many programs you're running at the same time as PT... I tend to disconnnect and disable all network feeds and programs that try to use the cpu at the same time as Pro Tools... if you're using a second computer, then Bob's your uncle!

I could be completely wrong and it could simply be my setup here, but I tried a similar setup (using a pc based voip program in place of phone patch) and while it worked, it was less than good in terms of audio quality!

I'm interested to hear what the other's have to say though (Kevin! :wink: ).

Cheers for now
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this setup, you're sending all the audio to one submix and creating a send from that submix to your selected outputs on the Digi002. You'll hear all program content through your standard monitoring setup or headphones, but will not be able to process the audio (because the send is "pre" processing). It's very simple and I'm assuming you've already created your basic tracks and master fader similiar.

1. Create a stereo AUX track called SubMix.
2. Assign the SubMix "Input" to BUS 1-2.
3. Leave SubMix "Output" at the default setting.
4. Assign the "Output" on other tracks to BUS 1-2
5. Hookup the 002 output to your computer (i.e. outputs 7-8 ).
6. On the SubMix track, add a SEND to your selected outputs (i.e. outputs 7-8 ).
7. Add a Master Fader for monitoring
8. Done.

If you did not lok at the post earlier regarding audio templates you really should, this information is all there ... instead of going to a Digital Hybrid or ISDN line, you're going back to your computer's audio device.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is "yes!"

Here's how I've skinned the cat. I have a Marian Marc2 sound card in my box, Firewire feed from the Digi 002-R to the same computer. The Marc2 sound card integrates with AudioTX Communicator. Analog outputs 3-4 of the 002-R feeds inputs to the Marc2. Marc2 feeds the AudioTX that feeds the ISDN. No problem.

C
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: