VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixer Advice?? Too many options!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fun! But I had already had a couple of beer :oops: so I pretty much butchered your script Kevin, but I'll keep it on file for future reference! :wink:

Cheers,
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: equipment junkie Reply with quote

Brian,

I think I am becoming an equipment junkie...HELP!!! Is there a 12-step program for those of us addicted to buying more and better gear? I find myslef drooling over that hot new tube mic or the latest prosessor someone is talking about. I need my wife to hide the credit cards and ban me from eBay!

Hooked on Gadgets.
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Greg, you've made the correct first step! You've aknowledged that you have a problem! ... Congratulations - Step 1 completed Laugh

Step 2 - Have your wife hide all credit cards, then using subliminal messaging she must ensure all memory of credit card numbers have been erased from your memory.

Step 3 - Have your youngest and most technology literate family member block any and all e-bay websites using the latest parental controls (in this case they'll be used to control the parent!)

Step 4 - E-mail your photo to every gear shop within a hundred mile radius with explicit instructions to call the police and inform them that a lunatic has entered the store and is insisting on purchasing some of the coolest gear on the planet.

Step 5 - Send a request to every online gear shop, informing them that they must block your e-mail address from their incoming SMTP server, otherwise they may experience a tremendous influx of credit born cash!

Step 6 - umm... ah... hold on a second, there's an item on e-bay just about to end and I have to get my last minute bid in.... ..... ..... ..... damn!!! I lost it by $0.25... Where was I?? Oh yeah, step 6 - disable your paypal account, except of course for all of the payments that you'll be receiving from satisfied clients because of the awesome quality of your recordings recently, due in large part to the copious amounts of $$$ you've just spent on some of the coolest gear in the world.

Step 7 - Ah, who am I kiddin'? Just Ignore all previous steps and spend, spend, spend! The only way to get better at v/o is to have the latest and greatest gear. Just make sure you spend 85 % of your time doing research on the latest and greatest gear... be sure to allocate at least 10% of your time reading and replying to posts on vo-bb! and last but not least, get out there and spend the other 5% talking into that shiny new microphone (that is, if you can figure out how to make it work with your new phone patch and channel strip.... maybe Kevin can help!) :lol:

The world of gear and upgrading according to Brian... "When in doubt... don't ask questions, just throw down the plastic and buy another cable or 2 to make sure you can connect the new toy!"

Laugh
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: AAHHHH! I feel better! Reply with quote

hanks Brian, great advice, but I got a feeling I am not alone in this.

WOW!! Look at that Avalon VT737Sp on eBay....UMMM. I am watching a U87 too...Oh heck, while am at why not a U47 and a Sennheiser 416 too.

"Would you believe" (In honor of the late Maxwell Smart) an MXL V69 ME tube mic? Ah, that's better, it least it is within my credit limit. At least it cost very little to dream.

Being at this only a short time I am sure having fun learning about and buying gear.

Oh NO!! My wife, the professional photographer, just discovered eBay too. The FedEx and UPS guys are looking tired after delivering all the gear to our doorstep. A patch bay, an 8-space rack, patch cables, a new channel strip, and three cameras, two flashes -- all this month alone. I better start sending out more demos or learning to say "Do you want fries with that?"

Greg HOOKED-ON-GEAR Allen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: