VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best audio/video website formats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigcrumpton
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Best audio/video website formats Reply with quote

Tried doing a search on this and didn't come up with anything, so my apologies if this has been discussed already.

I'm in the process of getting a website produced, and I'm curious to know what the audio/video formats you guys would suggest for professional v/o-type websites.

Uploading MP3s to load in quicktime seem to be the most popular, with YouTube being used frequently for videos. But then, I guess it would also depend on whatever default format users' PCs are set up for?

That being said, which of the popular formats (Windows Media, QuickTime, RealPlayer) have you guys found to yield the best quality for user downloads?

I have an actor friend who uses easywebvideo.com for his website video reels--said of all the formats he researched, it had the best quality in his opinion and he was trying to find a format that worked best for casting directors and other industry types to view since he discovered many of them were using Macs.

Any others out there that you guys would recommend?
imaginator
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, craig!

been awhile, but i still remember your kindness in answering my questions when i was just starting to put a website together.

as you may remember, i am by no means a computer expert. but i notice that my demos play almost instantly from my main page in flash. if someone wants to download an mp3, there's a way to access the same material in that format elsewhere on the site.

for video? not sure...am looking for some options as i expand to post a video demo myself.

will be looking in to see what other answers you receive.
Rowell Gormon's Clogged Blog - http://voices2go.com/blog
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High quality mp3s 320 kbps stereo are nice and quick to load. I use a popup window for the audio file itself. That way when a visitor hits the demo page the only thing that actually loads are graphics until they click on the graphic. That loads the page very fast.

I use flash video on my site. They are converted from high rez mov or wmv files and turn out pretty good and are fast to load. The method here is a separate html page so there is a graphic on the portfolio page that has a scene or logo and you click it and the video opens Much higher quality than Youtube. I do the conversions and coding for my site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: