VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Talk Like A Pirate Day - 9/19/05

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: National Talk Like A Pirate Day - 9/19/05 Reply with quote

Monday is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Get your weekend practice in....
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody love that FedEX commercial where the guy interviews the pirate in full swashbuckler regalia? I've seen it a dozen times and still go crazy for it.

Aaarrrrgh,

Bruce
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little kid with a bad speech impedement, dresses up as a pirate for Halloween and proceeds to go door-to-door. He knocks on a door and yells....."mmmmmmmm-bick or beat!"

A woman answers the door and says "Excuse me?"

The boy holds up his goody bag, looks her in the eye and says again "mmmmmm-BICK-R' BEAT!"

Then it dawns on her. The little guy has a speech impedement and he's saying "trick or treat."

She smiles sweetly and then asks "Why little fella, what are you dressed up for Halloween?"

This seems to agrivate the little guy, as it's obvious by the patch on his eye, the bandana on his head, the ring in his ear, and the stuffed bird on his shoulder. But, he tells her anyway-"mmmmmm mmmmmm birate!"

"uh.......OH! a pirate! I see.....oh how cute" she replies. "And tell me Mr. Pirate, where are your bucaneers?"

That's it, he thinks to himself. He drops his bag and points, with both fingers to each side of his head. "MMMMMM MMMMMON MMMMMMMY BUCKIN EDDDDDDDD!"

thank you, thank you, please tip your waitresses and drive home carefully, folks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, Kevin,

My wife's got me slated to dress up as a pirate at my daughter's fifth birthday next Friday. Nothing to do with me, I've been volunteered. 30-odd kids in a (VERY) acoustically harsh room - we're talking wood floors, high ceiling and one wall of floor to ceiling glass here :shock:

I think I'll be putting in a few hours on that site over the next week.
And I probably will be leaving the VO business immediately afterwards due to 2 perforated eardrums. If you find me trying to sell a load of gear over the next few weeks you'll know why.

BTW Have you got a stock of those pictures, Mr Genus? LOL. (And no, I wasn't smiling while I typed that! Oh s***!)
Simon Fellows
Contributor III

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that was me. Forgot to sign in, as ever :oops:
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE? Did somebody say PIRATE!

donrandall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff -

Good lookin' kids!

Yours?
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don,

Yeah, they're mine. Two of the three. From a long time ago. The pirate just turned 13 recently and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz sitting next to him is in her senior year of high school. But that's my family's favorite "pirate" photo so I couldn't resist sharing it given the topic of the thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: