VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lurking and Learning as a VO Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRadio915

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Lurking and Learning as a VO Newbie Reply with quote

Hey All -

I've been lurking and learning on the board for some time and decided it's finally time to post... a demo. I've been reasonably successful in my first 6 months at V123, but haven't had too much feedback on what other professionals think of my work.

I recently came across an email signature that said, "Mistakes have taught me far more than successes." I like that statement, and for that reason(and others to numerous to list here), here goes.

http://www.hardermedia.com/C-Demo.mp3 (this is updated from the original post)

I'd like to know what y'all think.

-Dan Harder
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan--i think your brand should be "Try Harder!"
that's completely independent of your demo. the brand just struck me as catchy. yeah baby! and so apropos for some voice seekers!

as for your demo, i'll leave that to those who like to critique. but at first review and a quick listen, i like the read of the last spot best, yet overall the demo is slightly ... dull.
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Welcome into the daylight of the vo-bb. Given that you mentioned you are already getting work its apparent you have a sellable sound. Congratulations! As for the demo, I don't think it represents you as well as you really are. I would recommend you do another with better copy. Oh, and the last spot was probably was your best as Diane mentioned... just waaaaaaaaaaay too long for a demo. If you do retain it in the next go-around, cut it down to the best few lines and move it to the front.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: