VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Housekeeping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Good Housekeeping Reply with quote

just a couple of culled nuggets from that syndicated nxpaper column for your pleasure.
i'd not have thought twice about it save the fact my landline handset went through a full washing machine cycle (along with some clothes).
it works perfectly!
and smells great!

* "I Dropped my cell phone in the tub!"
Don't throw your phone out with the bath water: Remove the battery and SIM card, and then wipe down your phone. Let the phone air-dry for a day or two (assuming you can survive that long without it) before reinserting the battery.
If a culprit other than water got into your phone (like diet soda or coffee), take the phone apart and rinse it with distilled water - most other liquids will corrode what's inside.

* "I spilled coffee on my computer keyboard."
Turn the keyboard upside down immediately and disconnect it. Give it time to thoroughly dry - 24-48 hours - before plugging it back in. You can also use a hair dryer set on cool to speed up the process.
If crumbs from your morning muffin are the problem, use a vacuum with a dusting nozzle or a can of compressed air (sold at your local electronics store) to push out the crumbs.

* "There's a CD stuck in my computer."
Untwist a paper clip and insert it in the small hole of your CD drive, pushing on the internal button. Keep this button pressed until the CD tray opens.
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: