VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI: potential MBox shoppers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: FYI: potential MBox shoppers Reply with quote

Well, I closed my eyes and hit the "submit" button. And in a week or so a new MBox will be hooked up to my Mac. No more having to boot into OS 9 just to use ProTools Free (which is damn near perfect for my purposes). Here's hoping LE will be just as wonderful.

Anyway, after calling and looking at most all of the obvious places, I found the best price at Musicians Friend; $299.99 shipped and no sales tax (unless you're in Utah, Missouri or Washington). http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/240469/ Several online places had it for $349 and up. And I called the local places (it's tax free weekend in MA) and they even said if I can get it for $300, grab it. I was glad because I didn't want to venture near a mall or other retail location today if I could help it.

Just figured I'd give a little heads-up for anyone else who may be in the market for an MBox. I've had good luck in the past with Musicians Friend as well.

And by the way, if you found someplace that has them for $200, feel free to not tell me about it. :wink:
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... everyone can read this... except Don.
Don... close your eyes and keep them shut.

I did find a decent "used" one on eBay. Something about that word "used" bothers me at times. But we'll see what the price is in 6 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digidesign-Mbox-USB-Interface_W0QQitemZ7340995063QQcategoryZ23784QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, If I had been around at the time of Sodom and Gomorrah. I'll be the one standing next to Lot's wife.

Of course I looked.

While I generally like eBay and did check out the MBox stuff there before making my decision, I really didn't feel like getting into a bidding war for the sake of saving maybe $25. Then there's the crazy shipping costs some of the sellers add. And you're right, in six days that high bid number will likely be a lot higher. I just checked the completed auctions and I feel okay still. There's also the benefit of the Amex extended warranty with a new unit.

But thanks for trying to make me feel better, Bailey. :wink:
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little warning to mBox buyers - before you buy, check the compatibility documents. I installed one for a friend's home studio and the PC's bus architecture was not compatible - who would've thought that. I also had to have a new processor installed for him - he had the latest and greatest, but it was just not compatible:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/

-Anthony
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez-- not just M-box but ANY Digi product! Always check the compatibility. Digi is pissy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: