VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Re-Vamped, please share your thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asnively
Triple G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about something like this?

Last edited by asnively on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonts have been mentioned in this thread so I'll offer up my two cents on that as well.

While it's true that the fonts can and should be a very individual kind of thing for each person, they should also match the theme of the site. I think where you might run into a little trouble with your current font choices is that your theme is colorful while your fonts are very '70s...together, the whole thing gives of a kind of hippie vibe.

Everything in a good site design should support the theme you choose.

If you want to have a theme, for instance, that immediately says "kid voices" (just as an example), then the layout, colors, font choices, graphics, etc. should all support that, and it should all be balanced with elements that also assure the viewer that you're professional.

So if other people get a sort of hippie vibe from your site, you have to ask if that impression gets you anything in terms of work?

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the site just doesn't fit the voice. And I agree w/ DB btw, those "people" are kinda creepy!
When I listen to your demo I envision a site with a high-tech/high-energy vibe. Your sound is great but your site doesn't jive.

And there's my .02 Wink
mythwoman
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoiceTom,

By high-tech/high-energy do you recommend something like cyberpunk or perhaps metallic colors?

I'll have the people disappear. They are creepy. My designer thought having an 'animated' face in the background might enhance the idea that I want to do animation/anime. And he suggested a Bio because he said it 'humanizes' the website. So you see, despite that he's a good family friend, he doesn't know anything about making/designing a VO website. But he's also willing to change/add and so on without charging anything.

Amy,
Wow, that's really kind of you. But since the 'people' in the back ground disturb everyone I'll have them taken out. I'll hold on to the image if that's alright. I'm quite interested in VoiceTom's high-tech/high-energy idea, maybe a slight futuristic look or such.

louzucaro,
Yeah I kind of wondered about the little flowers in my name. I am so NOT a hippie type, nor do I want my demos to be perceived that way. Thank you for that observation.

If you guys hadn't spoken up I'd have probably let the website stay as it is. I don't know what I would do (except humiliate myself) without VO-BB!!

Mary
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the other alternative is to go with a more "generic" design until you can really latch onto a theme that works for you.

I built this site for a friend of mine who's an actor and even though we toyed with doing something more "comic" themed since he's an improv comic actor first and foremost, we ended up doing something that "just looked good" and didn't go too much in one direction or another.

Here's the site:
http://www.toddstashwick.com

Just a thought.

richgates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

louzucaro wrote:
You know, the other alternative is to go with a more "generic" design until you can really latch onto a theme that works for you.

I built this site for a friend of mine who's an actor and even though we toyed with doing something more "comic" themed since he's an improv comic actor first and foremost, we ended up doing something that "just looked good" and didn't go too much in one direction or another.

Here's the site:
http://www.toddstashwick.com

Just a thought.

Hey he's the guy from The Riches! What a great show!
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's great isn't it?! He's pretty excited about being on it...his character is such a not-nice person haha.

KaraEdwards
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great demos! Think bright, young colors. I agree with changing your e-mail. Even if it is hotmail, gmail or something- make it justsaymary@___.

You're in Dallas? Do you ever do work at Okratron?

Kara Edwards
http://www.karaedwards.com
kara@karaedwards.com
mythwoman
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kara,

Yes I'm in Dallas, or Dallas/Fort Worth, as I prefer to say. I've sent mp3's of my demo to Christopher Sabat at Okratron but haven't heard of any auditions yet. I don't want to show anyone my website, outside of VO-BB, till it meets proper standards. Thank you for your compliments!

Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: