VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Cry for Help - Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: A Cry for Help - Please Reply with quote

Confused

I would like to phone someone who may be able to help me right now (or within the next 1/2 hour) with an audio problem I have regarding my preamp and mixer - input/output related.

I am going nuts trying to work this out. It seems it isn't going to happen without input from someone who knows this technical side of things.

I am - how can I say this ... ummmm "challenged". Smile

Thank you,
Deb
P.S. It's 10.12pm Monday June 27th here in Queensland for me.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Thank you Phil :-) Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say a HUGE thank you to Banksey. Smile

I am unplugging, plugging and replugging and if I don't strangle myself on all these cords in the process I'll post a reply tomorrow to advise if all worked or not.

I should have stated what my problem was but the reason I didn't was that I was having so much trouble with it I was unsure as to how to explain it without bamboozaling others!

Smile

Anyway ... off to the back of my desk to fight the tangled woven web of technology.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: time to strangle Reply with quote

Ok - I unplugged, replugged etc and now am ready to get one of the cords and strangle myself with it.

My problem is that CEP2 is not picking up audio from my microphone.

This is my current set up:

Mic into preamp
preamp into mixer
mixer into sound card/amp

I have spent the last hour mucking around with the controllers on the soundcard control panel to no avail. I have checked in CEP2 device properties and it seems that is set correctly as well.

After much help from Banksey we've found that the preamp is working, the mic is working, the mixer is working, the headphones are working, the soundcard is working.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why CEP isn't picking up any audio?

Thank you,
Deb
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, check your internal mixer that came with Windows. Generally, you click on the start button, go to programs, go to accessories and click on entertainment. Then click on volume control. That will pop up your Windows mixer. I'm set up for "mic in" to my soundcard. Perhaps it's been muted. From time to time, it suddenly mutes. Sometimes, if there's been a power spike, an internal error (you name it with Windows) it screws up your sound mixer applications.

You may have to toy around with a few right clicks in the properties area to pull up the correct controls for recording. For me I also have to click the 20db gain box, too.

It get's complicated, because my soundcard has a mixer, too...but I have to make sure both are set up correctly, or I gets no signal into CEP.

Hope that helps.
donrandall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are going to get a lot of suggestions, and hey - who knows - we just might get lucky and stumble across a solution!

In my Goldwave editing and processing software, there is a place where I select the input from a drop down menu and click on it. If I somehow manage to accidently mess that up, I end up with no input - it just acts as though something died. I know this, because I have done this - and then comes the part where I go nuts trying to figure out what I did to mess things up. I have tried all the incantations and potions - drink beer and cuss - but it won't start working until I check the right box!

I don't know if you have something similar in your setup, but you might wanna check all the settings in your software while you are at it.

Good luck - I know you'll figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: